DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I steamed cleaned the bottom of my car last weekend, a judge at the Spring Fling car show told me that you get points for how clean the engine and under-carriage are, so I took it to the Auto Hobby Shop at MCAS Miramar and used the real steam cleaner.

Put the car on the rack:

Take off the wheels (real easy to clean brake dust with a steam cleaner)

I know, I know, where are the cross drilled rotors, next brake job for sure

Fire up the boiler and get started, be careful, that consensate is still real hot.

It must of helped, I won First Place in the FWD catagory last Sunday at the Mopars in May show.
Unfortunately, I left the camera at home along with the sunscreen.

Charles

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I actually know guys that carry flat black spray paint with them to shows just in case they see some unsightly rust under the hood or undercarriage. Works wonders on wheel wells too!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to take a whole series of picture this weekend and put them up in an Offfical Sig Thread, I have added the 2nd gen seats, LHS console cover, died to match the console, the Homelink visor comes today (just checked on DHL). I changed out the amps - All Alpine now. 3.89 gears came in yesterday, I am going to get the Yellow Box to correct the speedometer.

KNash - It must be the angle, I just had the car aligned and had everything checked.

Charles

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
With wheels that big and open you need some monster brakes dude! Those stockers just look so puny! I really need to start putting more money into the cosmetics on my car, otherwise it will blend easily with the rusty northern cars!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Wow that looks great! It makes me want to climb under my car and see what kind of filth is hiding there, well kind of. I am looking forward to getting to see your car first hand in August, well I hope you will be there at least.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
After that steam cleaning you're going to want to get under the car, unplug the tranny and crank sensors, spray some wire dry into the connectors, then some anti-corrosion spray.

The connector boots are designed for road splash, not power washing and certainly not steam.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
[QUOTE='98-ESer]After that steam cleaning you're going to want to get under the car, unplug the tranny and crank sensors, spray some wire dry into the connectors, then some anti-corrosion spray.

The connector boots are designed for road splash, not power washing and certainly not steam.[/QUOTE]

I am getting the new gears put in, I will have them check the wire when they do that, thanks for the advise.

Hat Trick | Mafioso said:
damn I wish my 1st gen was just like yours....
what kind of rims are those?
Enkei LM-1

Charles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.