DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 94 intrepid and it had a stereo already installed in it by the previous owner. the problem is, when i turn to accessory, the stereo doesnt turn on. i pulled the stereo out and looked at all the wiring on the stock side, wiring harness side, and stereo side to make sure everything was going to the right spot and everything looks right. does anyone have any idea as to why my stereo wont turn on in accessory?

·
Registered
997 Posts
does anything else work with the accesory key? like the windshield wipers for example

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blinkers, windshield wipers, neither work and jiggling the key didnt work either...so could it be the key switch going out or perhaps a loose connection?

·
Registered
997 Posts
irefuse said:
blinkers, windshield wipers, neither work and jiggling the key didnt work either...so could it be the key switch going out or perhaps a loose connection?
definetely is a problem with the switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i should just replace the ignition switch then? anyone know part numbers and what not for it? price?

thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
if ur just getting the metal switch goto a junkyard... ur looking at pocket change :)

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
NailZpcb said:
if ur just getting the metal switch goto a junkyard... ur looking at pocket change :)

actually the switch itself is plastic.. the tumbler and key assembly is the metal part..

but it should still be "pocket change" at a local yard..

·
Registered
223 Posts
did you check the fuses in the power dist. box under hood driver side? If you do have to change any, they are like 5.00 a piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts