DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
DCellBatteries said:
Below is information of a fellow Intrepid owner I had the pleasure of meeting in Roanoke, Virginia a while back. He was selling his car on e-bay with its amazing stereo system. Now he is just selling the stereo equipment. Below is his information on the car and stereo, link of his page with pics of his car, and a link of when I saw his car in person.

http://web.rbnet.com/~mikeday/95intrepid.htm
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cowarren/mikesintrepid.htm

Mike's write up and contact info below:

I present to you my 1995 Dodge Intrepid ES. Some details on my car: Excellent condition even with 105,000 miles, regular service intervals for oil change, tire rotation, alignment and normal repairs. Adult driven, 3.5L engine, excellent power, handling, and braking. Extremely nimble in corners due to the installed prototype front anti-sway bar that is much larger, heavier, and solid core compared to the stock bar. Body and paint in great condition, except for the body side mouldings, which need to be painted. Engine, transmission, suspension in excellent condition. Brakes condition is nominal meaning the brake pads will need replacement soon, I have new pads, rotors, calipers. There are two specific problems with this car that I know of and they are: The injectors need to be replaced, I have all six brand new Chrysler injectors and the gaskets to repair. Second the front passenger side power window motor needs replaced, again I have new motors for the passenger and drivers side. Additional upgrades include Michelin Pilot HR rated P225/60R-16, 80% tread remaining, K&N air filter charger. Audio Listing: yellow top optima with tsunami battery connections, two 100 watt fused 4 gauge power cable runs, one to each amp. Each amps is supported by the Tsunami digital power pumper 1.0 farad capacitor. The entire interior was removed from this car including the headliner and filled with roll after roll of Tsunami sound deadening materials in the footwells, doors, floor, and headliner thus creating a quiet studio effect sound environment. In fact, if you turn off the stereo and just drive, you realize quickly just how quiet it is. Three separate wire runs with grommets, wire ties, and taped. Each run is separate, the power wires run down the drivers side, signal wires down the center, and speaker wires down the passenger side. In addition, two alpine AI-Net changer cables run in between the center and the right side for Navigation and DVD. They are opposite meaning the 90-degree end is at either end, which allows you to hook up any type of Alpine configuration for future upgrades! The dash unit is the Alpine Iva-C800 using line level outs only back to the amp in the trunk. Underneath the passenger seat mounts the iva-c800 main component box along with a front mounted Alpine DVA-5205. The new owner of this car just needs to add any of the Alpine Power Navigation units available and your set. Moving to the back seat is where the two SoundStream Exact 12" subwoofers fire through the arm rest and are protected by a heavy metal screen that is covered in grill cloth the same color as the interior. The sealed subwoofer box was specifically designed for this car and is angled as such to put the two subs in direct shot of the inside of the car though the arm rest. The sub box has been foamed sealed to the trunk thus totally separating the trunk from the inside of the car. The trunk houses the back of the sub box with an angled box that mounts the two SoundStream Reference amplifiers. The left amp is an upgraded 5 channel SoundStream Reference705, this amp powers the front stage on 4 separate channels that are each internally gain, xover adjustable. This amp is also running in 3-way mode which provides midrange and midbass to the door speakers. The subwoofer channel is turned off on this amp which gives you [email protected] of power available to the front stage. This amplifier has additional capacitor banks integrated into the output circuit creating additional music storage resulting in higher sq. This upgrade does not change the power output. This amp powers two Focal Utopia 5 1/4" 136W2 door speakers and two Focal Tn51 tweeters mounted under the dash. Moving on to the the rear deck where a pair of SoundStream Exact 6.2 are hidden under the factory grilles are powered by the right amp, which is the SoundStream Reference 705S, again using all 4 separate channels and the right amp also powers both of the subwoofers. This amp has the Soundstream Large Mouth Bass control circuit integrated into this amp and is controlled by the custom adjusting knob. This external control over the subwoofers allows you to maximize subwoofer output during legal SPL. The trunk houses all of the main power equipment including two Alpine cha-1214 12 disc cd changers that are both active through the Alpine kca-400c multi changer component and you can still add to more changers if desired. The third amp mounts on the trunk lid. This amp which is a SoundStream reference 160s powers the center channel speaker, focal 4kx2 in the dash through a "mad scientist" home built circuit that is basically a sum of the left and right channels, bringing the voice to the center of the dash. The spare tire is full size, never been on the ground, and is easily removed. The Omega Excalibur Al-1000 atv alarm system was integrated into the install and has the following additional features beyond the normal alarm protection: hidden large gell cell battery back-up which is kept charged through the vehicle charging system, 3 external alarm drivers that make one hell of a a racket, 4 internal pain generating piezo drivers to confuse and hopefully injure any possible thief. Internal and external motion, sound sensors protect the parameter. All doors, hood and trunk are protected.
[email protected]

Thanks for looking and if interested in the audio system let me know. The car itself is not for sale, it is being transformed by my son into a SPL vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.