DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the depth for installing an aftermarket stereo in the first generation intrepids only 6 1/8" as it says in the crutchfield catalog? what would be a good replacement for the head unit and maybe a subwoofer for the trunk? what would fit? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i have a nice panasonic CD player in mine, and a 12" Kicker comp VR sub in the trunk. the reg din CD players fit nice with an installation kit and factory wire harness.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i also have the pioneer deh-47 deck in my car. it slid right in with no hassle. make sure you get a wiring adapter kit when you install, it makes it WAY easier to install your stereo.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah i got the pioneer deh-p47dh too. Sounds great and took like 1/2 hr to install. I also have 2 15" dhd subs sitting in my trunk. so you aren't restricted to 12" and smaller.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am going to get the pioneer
DEH-P77DH the lowest I cold find it is $219 . it has
Description:

Supertuner® III™
24-Station/6-Button (18FM/6AM) Presets
BSM (Best Stations Memory)
AGC (Automatic Gain Control) for Optimum CD Tracking Performance
Playback Compatible with Digital Audio CD-R (when disc is finalized)
IP-Bus System Control
6 & 12 Multi-CD Players
Voice Commander (CD-VC50 & CD-VC60)
TV Tuner (GEX-P7000TV)
Disc Title Memory (48 Discs)
10-Character Display for Disc Title Memory & CD Text (MCD) (with Scroll)
Disc List
MOSFET45 (45Wx4-Channel High Power)
Hi-Volt RCA Preouts (x3 pair) (Front/Rear + Subwoofer or Non-Fading) (Non-clipping 4.8V max)
Two-Way Crossover (HPF & LPF)
Front/Rear HPF (50/80/125Hz, -12dB/Oct.)
Sub-Out LPF (50/80/125Hz, -18dB/Oct.)
Sub-Out Level (-12dB to +12dB) and Phase Control
EEQ™ Performance Chip
3-Band Parametric Equalizer
Easy EQ (EEQ™) switches 5 Factory, 1 User EQ Presets (Super Bass, Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Flat, Custom)
Source Custom EQMemory (Independent Custom Memory for each source)
Selectable Loudness Control (Low/Mid/High/Off)
Selectable FIE (Front Image Enhancer) (Rear LPF 100/160/250Hz)
"Sure-Grip" Pop-up Rotary Volume control
Detachable Face Security™
DFS™ Alarm+ (Includes Starter Disable Output and Keyless Entry Monitor for Instant Deactivation)
Cellular/Navigation Mute Interface (Cellular Mute requires optional CD-CM1 Wireless Cellular Mute)
Wireless Full-Function Slim Remote Control
Large Multicolor Display with LED Backlight

I want to add a subwoofer setup with amp and such in the trunk and replace the door and deck speakers too. any suggestions for those?

·
Registered
261 Posts
doode, do a search on ebay! Ill bet you can find it for $199! I did, but that was a month or 2 ago... im gonna get that same one, but have to save money....

Also, I, too, would like suggestions as to what to use for subwoofer, amp, door speakers, 6x9's, etc.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
my suggestion for door and 6x9's go with alpine or polk audio. i think (opinion) that kicker makes some of the nicest subs, JL audio isnt bad either. for amps go with Rockford fosgate or MTX and make sure you wire it all with montser cable.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what kind of wireing harness adapter is requiered to interface the stock intrepid stereo to the DEH-P77DH I plan to purchase? :confused:

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: bat078 ]

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you can get the wiring adapter at most any electronics dealer, or best buy, circuit city, etc. the stock chrysler stereos are set up in the following fashion, from the wires to the head unit: 14 wires lead in to 2 harnesses, one black and one gray. then harnesses plug straight into 2 slots in the back of the head unit, one black and one gray. by buying an adapter kit you get the receiver end of the harnesses but the other ends are already seperated and ready to be spliced to the corresponding wires leaving the replacement head unit. if you didn't buy the adapter you'd have to cut the two harnesses off and then splice unmarked wires...with the adapter kit you get pre-cut wires that are labelled plus instructions, plus then you can always put the stock head unit back in if you sell the car. for 11 bucks it's worth it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
my pleasure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts