DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since its usually just me in my Trep, the passenger side doors see very little action. Well, recently, the locks on the passenger side(both front and rear doors), no longer open when I unlock with either the remote or internal lock switch...I have to manually lock and unlock them.

Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Its quite annoying... :let_it_al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
Sounds like you oughta look at fuses...14,(10 amp)for driver's side, and 19,(15amp) for passenger side lock. Also, in the Junction Block box, Circuit Breaker#2(20A) controls three relays: Driver's door unlock relay, A door unlock relay, and a door lock relay!
I'd look at the C/B first ....
We get spoiled, don't we?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Titleist

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent! Thanks. I will check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Is your car set to lock the doors automatically when you get moving? If so, it may be bad door lock motors even though you don't use those doors much. The front passenger lock on mine was shot when I got it and now the rear driver is on its way out. I'm sure the other 2 are not far behind. They use a plastic gear which fails prematurely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chief Brody said:
Is your car set to lock the doors automatically when you get moving? QUOTE]

Yes, it has the auto-lock feature.

I will check the fuse gimmic first but I do have a question about that. When I check the circuit breaker(the one under the hood I assume is being mentioned), how can you tell if one of those fuses are bad? From what I can remember, they just look like little black boxes. Or, am I off base and do I just need to check the standard fuse box inside the car?

Thanks for all the help!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
Titleist said:
I will check the fuse gimmic first but I do have a question about that. When I check the circuit breaker(the one under the hood I assume is being mentioned), how can you tell if one of those fuses are bad? From what I can remember, they just look like little black boxes. Or, am I off base and do I just need to check the standard fuse box inside the car?

Thanks for all the help!!!
There are regular flat fuses along with the c/b's in that underhood box. I don't recall the visual clues, but I think they are resetable.
I didn't look for respective locations-I looked in the wiring diagram in the '02 FSM .just a sec...nope it's in the junction box under the hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alarkyokie said:
There are regular flat fuses along with the c/b's in that underhood box. I don't recall the visual clues, but I think they are resetable.
I didn't look for respective locations-I looked in the wiring diagram in the '02 FSM .just a sec...nope it's in the junction box under the hood.

Hoping this isn't too dumb of a question, but how do you reset a fuse?

thansk again!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
A fuse gets replaced.Visually you can tell if it's open.Pull it out of it's location,and look through it- the metal strip should be continuous from one side to the other.
The C/B's I don't know-they must be resettable,or they'd be a fuse!
Sorry, I'm too lazy to go out to the parking lot and pop the hood open...

Vertigo_AK47
Wow. Thats funny you should post this I just had this problem start for me a week ago on my Drivers side.
I knew that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alarkyokie said:
A fuse gets replaced.Visually you can tell if it's open.Pull it out of it's location,and look through it- the metal strip should be continuous from one side to the other.
The C/B's I don't know-they must be resettable,or they'd be a fuse!
Sorry, I'm too lazy to go out to the parking lot and pop the hood open...

Vertigo_AK47

I knew that...

I know what to look for with the regular style fuses in the fuse box, its the one's under the hood(the black blocks), that I have little experience with.

Thanks bud! I appreciate the help!!! :biggrinpa
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top