DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I know the Intrepid came with a 4 disc changer and a 6 disc changer. I'm not trying to feel stupid or anything, because when I bought mine it came with a stock three disc changer. I'm curious, did they only make the Intrepid with a stock 4 disc changer and 6 disc changer, or was my 3 disc a special order? On the previous owner, i checked all her paperwork and shows no signs of ever purchasing the radio. I even did a search and couldn't find any intrepids with a stock 3 disc changer. Just curious where it came from and if anyone else has an intrepid with a 3 disc changer.

http://dodgeintrepid.net/photopost/data/504/10382scan092.jpg

there's a pic of my dash with the radio. I'm just wondering, thats all. thanks.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Mopar radios are pretty standard. It's very easy to swap and plug-n-play between cars as long as the 'hole in the dash' matches up and you've got the right wiring harness. Even the wiring harness isn't a big deal as there are $30 adapter cables that hook lots of radio/car combinations together.

The 4 and 6 disk changers are external units meant to be hooked up to a no-CD radio that has CD controls. These mount in your cubby hole just below the stock radio position. You keep the stock radio too.

I believe that your 3 disk changer is an all-in-one AM/FM/CD changer/radio that cannot hook up to an external disk changer.

There is a 6 disk all-in-one AM/FM/CD changer/radio available. The dealer-price on that unit is $575. I happen to have such a unit (model RBQ) available for $225 plus shipping. For a total of $300, I will include a Mopar Sirius satellite radio receiver/antenna/cable and shipping. My units are available as 'left overs' from an upgrade project to the wifes Jeep Liberty.

Have a look at the radios section of wjjeeps.com for some very complete information.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hella late responding to this but thanks a bunch for the info, I had no idea.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Since your car is an SE, my guess is it was a dealer installed option. If so, you probably wouldn't see it in the Intrepid brochure from your year. A sharp parts guy at your dealer could probably tell you more about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
quick question..I have the factory 4 disc changer, and well only slots 2 and 4 work. Anyone happen to know why? or how i get get all 4 slots to actually work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts