DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother and I are fooling around with some exhaust ideas, we were wondering the diameter of the collectors on the manifolds and the diameter of the exhaust pre-y pipe.

as the catback is all mandrel 2.5 stock, we're not going to touch that (with the exception of a flowmaster 40 series). we're fooling around with the idea of copying our dad's 1 3/8" longtubes, we're still wondering how he wriggled them in there.

probably some kind of resonator where the cats were rather than just a straight pipe, to keep down on the rasp.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
so what would you be doing with the cats, as they are connected directly to the manifolds? Pre-y is 2 1/4"

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for those who aren't uber-old-car geeks, 1 3/8" longtubes means replacment exhaust manifolds (1 3/8") that do not have catalytic converters.

I remember my dad mentioning the 1 3/8, but not the collector size (he runs duals all the way back, so it really doesn't apply either). The manifolds are (guesstimate) 18 inches long total, about 12 inches before a bend going to the rear (I think he put the bend in such a way here to make them equal length).

He won't share much information with us, we have to do it ourselves he says. I know for a fact from the way he discusses cars that there isn't a bend radius greater than 3", and the thing sounds like sex. I forget the company he got the v6 collectors from, it was pretty expensive I saw a probe guy used them too.

I'll see if I can pry more info out of him, but I doubt it. I really wish I could take some pictures of them, they aren't the prettiest looking headers I've ever seen (only alumnized steel little rust starting), but its interesting how they're in there. I think he might have put them in through the bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts