DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about the stock headunit in a 2000 dodge intrepid. It's not a bad headunit, it has a 4 disc cd changer, but I just bought 2 10 inch orion subs, and a bazooka 700watt amp, do I need to buy a new headunit to hook this equipment up, or can I hook it up to the stock hopefully? thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
will he be able to retain the cd changer function with the aftermarket HU?

(also a question I had for me...)

·
Registered
467 Posts
thanks, unfortunately. :(

Joe, any suggestion on what brand/where to buy said line out converter

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
awesome, thanks mang :)

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
*shrug*

Let me get a couple things straight: I have to wire this thing between the stock headunit and the stock amp. I can either:

a) remove the stock amp, wire this directly to the stock headunit, and use an aftermarket amp instead of the stock amp
b) "T" the wiring into the stock wiring, using the stock amp AND the aftermarket amp. would I need some kind of power on/off for the aftermarket amp, to only really turn the juice on when I wanted it?

Some of these line connectors advertise that one end plugs directly into the back of the headunit, via connector, rather than having to splice into the headunit--> stock amp wires. true? worth getting?

·
Registered
280 Posts
95PGTTech said:
*shrug*

Let me get a couple things straight: I have to wire this thing between the stock headunit and the stock amp. I can either:

a) remove the stock amp, wire this directly to the stock headunit, and use an aftermarket amp instead of the stock amp
b) "T" the wiring into the stock wiring, using the stock amp AND the aftermarket amp. would I need some kind of power on/off for the aftermarket amp, to only really turn the juice on when I wanted it?

Some of these line connectors advertise that one end plugs directly into the back of the headunit, via connector, rather than having to splice into the headunit--> stock amp wires. true? worth getting?
All you gotta do is pull the factory deck out far enough so that you can get to the wires and then splice the right rear +/- and the left rear +/- to the right rear +/- and the left rear +/- input on the LOC and then plug your RCA's into it and your done.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'll pull the headunit out tomorrow to see if I can figure out what you're talking about.

From what I understand from that, that would be so I could set up my rear decks for an amp. I would apply the same theory to the wires for the door speakers?

If that's true, it clarifies one point I was wondering: I need one LOC for the door speakers, and one LOC for the rears. or, I need a four channel LOC...two channels for the front door speakers, and two for the rears...those four RCA cables go to the amp, then wires from the amp to each speaker.

Hey, I think I understand how one amp is wired now. Half done! If I can only understand capacitors, and how the amp for the sub is wired now!

(Oh, by splice, you mean "T" into, or do you mean cut the wire and only use the side coming off the HU, leaving the other part alone, effectively disabling the stock amp? By splice, it means "T" to me. This would leave the stock amp also in the system.)

·
Registered
280 Posts
95PGTTech said:
(Oh, by splice, you mean "T" into, or do you mean cut the wire and only use the side coming off the HU, leaving the other part alone, effectively disabling the stock amp? By splice, it means "T" to me. This would leave the stock amp also in the system.)

Dont cut just tap into them, or "t" into them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts