DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for:

the stock hose from the throttle body (back of engine) that attaches to my K&N air intake system

its a hose thats comes stock with the air intake system. When I put the new K&N air intake on it this piece had to stay, it is now cracked for some reason.

I'm looking to replace it. The dealership says I'd need to order a whole new stock air intake to get this one part. Not worth it. Plus I haven't had any luck at any wreck yards.

Please post here or even better , email me if you have one: [email protected]

thanks!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,363 Posts
Just some info for you. The part number for that resonator(with the hose) is 4591109AE. MSRP is $56.00 and discounted online for $38.64. If you can't find anyone that can get one maybe order online. Not sure if the dealer you talked to meant a complete intake system. This is just the small 90 degree bend resonator box with the hose attached that's at the back of the engine. I'm also assuming you have a 2.7L engine with that part #. Hope that helps out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks, that does help, still a little more money than I'd like to pay...

the dealer did mean the complete stock intake.. and yes I do have a 2.7L 2002 Intrepid.

I can post a pic of exactly what I need if I knew how?

:)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,363 Posts
Trying to help Dan out here. He's not able to post pics right now and has provided me with one to post for him. The tube/hose he's looking for is outlined in green and is the one that attaches directly to the throttle body on his 2.7L

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:fun_06: bump!

·
Registered
566 Posts
A couple of M guys used a 3" nitrile elbow/90' on the 3.5 engine, I don't know if the elbow is the same on the 2.7 or not, instead to get better airflow. I don't know what those go for but it might be worth it to go with that rather than the stock elbow as it narrows down a bit entering the TB. Plus if your going to plunk down 40-50 you might as get something better assuming its the same price or cheaper, my guess is cheaper.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Good luck finding anything cheap, I used to buy these all the time for my intake builds and I think the cheapest I ever paid was like $30 shipped

The 3" nitrile bend will fit but is a pain in the ass to get on the car, prepare for a fun hour wrestling with a hairdrer and the bend

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've checked with performance shops and they say they can order that but that it won't fit on my 2.7L

apparently the way the stock tube bends is different or something...

any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts