DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently pulled the trim and radio etc. to replace the actuator that was not allowing cold air through the vents on my 02 2.7 intrepid. I now have cold air in the vents...Yay!! But when i put my stock radio/cassette player back in its staticy and wont seek channels with the left button only the right button that goes one station at a time in fm. Also my am radio i listen to Royals games on, is all static! I have the 2 rectangle plugs that snap right in the back i have the antenna wire plugged in too. There was a small black w/green stripe wire coming seperate out of one of the rectangle plug in harnesses,seperate with its own plug, but i can not remember where it went. there are no other plugs to put it in i guessed it was clipped on a metal tab on the back of the radio but not sure? Any info is appreciated if u can snap a pick of a similar back of the stereo or see where the blk/grn small plug wire goes that would be Awesome!!! Thank You!!

·
Woober Goobers!
51,209 Posts
How many pins are on each of the two plugs? 7 pins? Where is the wire located on the plug? What color wire(s) are next to it?

I'm guessing you have the Base Audio system with 7 pins each? One with a black connector shell and the other with a gray shell?

Reactions: Liz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi i recently pulled the trim and radio etc. to replace the actuator that was not allowing cold air through the vents on my 02 2.7 intrepid. I now have cold air in the vents...Yay!! But when i put my stock radio/cassette player back in its staticy and wont seek channels with the left button only the right button that goes one station at a time in fm. Also my am radio i listen to Royals games on, is all static! I have the 2 rectangle plugs that snap right in the back i have the antenna wire plugged in too. There was a small black w/green stripe wire coming seperate out of one of the rectangle plug in harnesses,seperate with its own plug, but i can not remember where it went. there are no other plugs to put it in i guessed it was clipped on a metal tab on the back of the radio but not sure? Any info is appreciated if u can snap a pick of a similar back of the stereo or see where the blk/grn small plug wire goes that would be Awesome!!! Thank You!!
I have taken off the this price you are referring to. My guess is that maybe a pin on one of the connectors is dirty or not plugged in snug enough. That’s that I’d check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many pins are on each of the two plugs? 7 pins? Where is the wire located on the plug? What color wire(s) are next to it?

I'm guessing you have the Base Audio system with 7 pins each? One with a black connector shell and the other with a gray shell?
i have put it back together but yes the gray and the black plugs and antenna are in, but the small blk/grn wire w/ a little plug no where near as big as the 2 big plugs i stuck it on the metal tab, just the back on the back of the stereo but im not sure thats where it goes? i will try to pull it out and snap a pic today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts