DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I was in Detroit for the Electronic Music Festival...good times!

I was on Jefferson Ave (what Michigan Ave is to Chicago, Jefferson is to Detroit)..

As I pulled up to a stoplight..
I was in the left lane, a Maxima was in the middle, and a 300M was in the right lane, I looked over and seen him grinning...so I revved the engine a few times, the guy in the Maxima was his buddy, and he was like "aww **** here we go"
I dropped it into autostick, turned off traction control, and waited for the green. We had open road in front of us, no cars, and the speed limit was 45..
Light turns green and we both punched it...it was neck and neck but then I started to pull away, was almost a car length ahead by the time we shut them down...was funny, the cars shifted at EXACTLY the same time, he must have had it in autostick too..put it in 1 and let the computer shift itself..

I flashed my hazards to show I won, and he pulled into a Wendys parking lot, I followed him in and checked out his car...it was a tan '99 M with special headlights, he had tinted '01 taillights, and dual exhaust...but he cut the bumper for the pipes kinda crude, so it looked kinda bogus.

later that night I pulled up to another M, this was at least an '01, dark maroon colored. I revved it next to him and his buddy was like "look thats a special!"
I said hell yeah it is and bullshitted with him for a minute at the light, didnt race him though..

Was cool to get some love in the D :bigok:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
OneSpecialM said:
This past weekend I was in Detroit for the Electronic Music Festival...good times!

I was on Jefferson Ave (what Michigan Ave is to Chicago, Jefferson is to Detroit)..

As I pulled up to a stoplight..
I was in the left lane, a Maxima was in the middle, and a 300M was in the right lane, I looked over and seen him grinning...so I revved the engine a few times, the guy in the Maxima was his buddy, and he was like "aww **** here we go"
I dropped it into autostick, turned off traction control, and waited for the green. We had open road in front of us, no cars, and the speed limit was 45..
Light turns green and we both punched it...it was neck and neck but then I started to pull away, was almost a car length ahead by the time we shut them down...was funny, the cars shifted at EXACTLY the same time, he must have had it in autostick too..put it in 1 and let the computer shift itself..

I flashed my hazards to show I won, and he pulled into a Wendys parking lot, I followed him in and checked out his car...it was a tan '99 M with special headlights, he had tinted '01 taillights, and dual exhaust...but he cut the bumper for the pipes kinda crude, so it looked kinda bogus.

later that night I pulled up to another M, this was at least an '01, dark maroon colored. I revved it next to him and his buddy was like "look thats a special!"
I said hell yeah it is and bullshitted with him for a minute at the light, didnt race him though..

Was cool to get some love in the D :bigok:
You didn't say anything about the part where the Maxima smoked both of you and then pulled over and got a burger before you guys got there.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
You didn't say anything about the part where the Maxima smoked both of you and then pulled over and got a burger before you guys got there.... :wink:
Maxima Shmaxima :smilie_lo

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
OneSpecialM said:
was funny, the cars shifted at EXACTLY the same time, he must have had it in autostick too..put it in 1 and let the computer shift itself.
I don't think putting it in autostick will cause it to shift any sooner or later at WOT. The shift point is the same regardless as long as the driver has their go pedal mashed to the ground.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smc1377 said:
I don't think putting it in autostick will cause it to shift any sooner or later at WOT. The shift point is the same regardless as long as the driver has their go pedal mashed to the ground.
you could be right, but i think it revs higher when allowed to shift itself in autostick..
it definitely shifts FIRMER in autostick though

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
smc1377 said:
I've noticed that at WOT in shifts around 5800RPM (give or take), but in Autostick, it shifts at redline (6500RPM).

Not sure which is better really.

J

·
0 Posts
Ya, I noticed the same. I noticed the RPMs go into RED when I drop into A/S and punch it.. before it shifts. But when In [D], they won't go so deep. They'll shift maybe 200 RPM or less before the redline.

.. And I have a 1st Gen 3.5!

Oh - and PS:
I smoked a 99 or so Maxima.. Up to about 80, then he started coming closer and closer. It's the SE gearing!.

Does 300M Spec. have 3.89 gearing?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JE.Electronics said:
Does 300M Spec. have 3.89 gearing?
Yep. I think it was the gearing that made the difference, the cars started out dead even but then I just started to pull away. :bgtup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts