DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was coming home from work and I was dropping my friend off and i'm driving down a very narrow 2 way street. so there is this car in front of me that's blocking my way (the car is in a dead stop mind you) and there was traffic starting to through in the on coming lane. so I cut accross the lane without my signals just to go around him and out of no where I see the sirens blaring behind me...I'm like "oh fu*k" so I pull over, roll down my windows and turned on my domes. (best thing to do when getting pulled over according to some sites that I read on the internets). then the cop goes out and says "license, registration and proof of insurance" so I had everything in hand already. so the cop goes "whats your excuse?" so I told him "I just wanted to go around you because I didn't want to say in the opposite lane for too long" so the officer goes. I'm giving you a warning this time, next time watch out for unmarked cop cars and use your signal...(MAJOR sigh of RELEIF). I guess that rolling down the windows and turning the domes on really works. lesson of the day "USE TURN SIGNALS WHEN GOING AROUND CARS"

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
...next time watch out for unmarked cop cars...
I will remember that ... lol

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn this JUST happened now too. I'm still shooken up.. I don't have money to be paying tickets. how much do you guys think the ticket would of been?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Wow, next time watch out for unmarked police cars, thats something Farva would say

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so back to my question. how much do you guys figure would of been the summons on that ticket?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I feel like an idiot for asking this but whats a dome light??? Also the first and only time i was pulled over was for not using a turn signal and it was by an undercover cop.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I275westcoastflorida said:
I feel like an idiot for asking this but whats a dome light??? Also the first and only time i was pulled over was for not using a turn signal and it was by an undercover cop.
The dome light as its called are those lights that light up the interior of the car.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
sonicrob said:
ok so back to my question. how much do you guys figure would of been the summons on that ticket?
Googling this, it seems that this ranks similar to failure to stop and the fines are around $100-150.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Depends on where you live really, my first ticket was in boyle county kentucky, $100 court costs and had to pay a few other things, I think I paid something like $170. My most recent ticket was for doing 65 in a 55 when even the police will do 70+ down that same stretch of highway and this was in Mercer County, court cost of $135, fine was $2 for every mph over 55. You do the math :p Lately though, I am afraid to even do 55 because the local/state police presence is so strong.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
01Intrepid said:
Yea if you turn your dome light on before the officer walks up to your car makes him or her feel alittle bit safe!! So they will more likely give you a warning, or cut you a break on a nice ticket!!!
man i need to move. harrisburg is so different. dome lights do ****. i do this as a default so i can search in my junky ass glove box for my stuff and i've only gotten a warning after i told the cop that pulled me over what the noise ordnance is and after playing like i didnt know neon lights were not supposed to be on while driving.

that ticket would of cost you $105 in harrisburg as this is what most tickets cost here outside of speeding tickets.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
smc1377 said:
The dome light as its called are those lights that light up the interior of the car.
Don't u mean 'dope' lite :blunt: ?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Wait a second. You passed a unmarked cop that was just sitting in the middle of the road. I would of honk my horn at him and if he didn't move I would of went around. Or if I went around with out honking the horn and got pulled over and got a ticket I would of fought it for entrapment.

It's easy as heck to spot a unmark car here, They have the police special rims and most of the time they have the city appointed yellow tags. Here it would of been a 50 - 50 chance for the cop to even attempt to chase me down, if he does go after me it would of been a ticket for at lest 80 to 150.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts