DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
That first pic on the page, you ever think about resizing it to fit your picture frame of 640x480 before uploading it to your website? I mean, I took your 446 kb pic and resized it to 640x480 and it only took up 30 kb of space. That would transfer over in less than 1/10 of the time it would have for the original pic, while taking up the same amount of space on your webpage and not losing any resolution (not to mention, you'd be able to upload them faster and take up less space on your server).

Same goes for your other pages. Maybe just thumbnail samples to load onto your web page (instead of the full size images). Even with broadband, it still takes quite a while to load up the 20 .5mb images on your photos page. That's akin to downloading 10mb just for that one page. This isn't broadband friendly let alone dialup.

But with that said, let me see if I can find any pics of storms for you.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I can send you a BILLION pictures of damage from hurricanes... right now we are in alabama doing insurance claims for hurricane Dennis, and we are about to go to texas to work Emily. And last year we worked Charley, Gene, Francis, and Ivan...

-Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts