DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was on my way to Florida for spring break, and when I got to Cincinatti (sp?) OH, my battery light came on and my power steering went out. I stopped, and looked under the hood, and noticed that my power steering fluid was low. I filled it up, and started the car. I noticed a squealing sound where the power steering/ alternator belt was, but I couldn't see anything wrong with it. I got back on the expressway, and it was running fine. The battery light went off, and the power steering came back on fine. Until Georgetown, KY, that is. The belt snapped, the power steering went out again, and the alternator isn't being powered now. So, I pulled into a rest area, called a tow truck, and I'm stranded here. **** **** **** ****. I'm not going to make it to FL, and I'm not even sure that I have enough to pay for the repairs. I'm certain that I need a new pulley for the belt, along with a new belt, and I'm afraid that I might need a new power steering pump. (It was leaking at the rest area pretty bad.) I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

That's my story.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Andrew,
Sorry to read about the major misfortune. I've experienced that sinking feeling s your car dies underneath you. This is what credit cards are for though so make the best of it in KY until you get back on the road. Good luck.

Chris H.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
andrew, sorry to hear that. hope you are able to get it repaired and have a good spring break in KY. make the best of it

·
Registered
530 Posts
yeah that sucks big time.. sorry to hear about this man..

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
:eek: That's terrible Andrew, how long before you find out what's wrong?
Anyone here that lives in Georgetown, KY that can show Andrew to some spring break action?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I was able to track down a backwoods in-the-hills mechanic who was able to fix my car Sunday. So, I just got into the Keys. Thank God! Thanks for everyone's support. This guy was awesomely nice, because he really wasn't open on Sundays. I guess it goes to show you that you can't lose hope before you try everything you can. :)

By the way, it's 88 degrees here. LOL!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
That's great news Andrew, hope the rest of your spring break is awesome. We were there at spring break two years ago, not the same when you have your kids with you but we had a good time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts