DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very glad to have found this forum. I bought my Intrepid nearly new with 20k miles. Needless to say, I love my car.

I am frustrated and need some help with this electrical problem.
I have a 97 3.5 with 150k miles.
I have checked all fuses and relay box fuses, all are good. These have all stopped working at the same time; Dome Light, Trunk Release, Door Locks, Side Mirrors, and Radio (not factory, but professionally installed).

Does anyone know of url for an image of the electrical schematics for it?

All others functions are working as they should. I can not figure out why only these are not working, can they possibly be on the same circuit somewhere? Is there a fusable link that has blown? I am about ready to pull the dash out where the radio is and see if there is a hidden fuse back there that has blown. I have the repair manual on the way already.

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, but...

Hello and thanks for the link to the images. These are not complete though, specifically for the '97 3.5. I looked through all of them as many systems are shared from year-to-year and model-to-model. I have ordered the 1997 service manual, this should fill in the blanks for me. But, if anyone has any idea where these circuits are united before the fuse box, I would be most greatful (service manuals, not the Haynes/chiltons ones, are not always helpful).

Thanks again-
Jeff

·
Registered
177 Posts
All these items are fed thu fuse "G" 20 amp in the power distribution center. If there is no power at this fuse and there is power to the 6 guage wire that feeds the dist. center, then the problem is within the dist. center itself. IMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!, but one more question

Thanks! This may be a dumb question, but where in the heck is this fuse located? I have checked the box with the larger style fuses and all in the regular fuse area, but where is the power distribtion fuse area?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's under the hood. The box with all the relays in it. "G" fuse is in the first row, 2nd from the left.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey I had the same problem in my 1st gen trep, mine is a 93 ES, well I got it fixed by changing one of the computers of the car........this is the one located near the glove comparment........you have to take out the glove comparment out and then you should see it......its located in the side of the door is, kind like where the fender is.......i will get the picture if you wait.......that might be the problem

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
XCALIBUR said:
Hey I had the same problem in my 1st gen trep, mine is a 93 ES, well I got it fixed by changing one of the computers of the car........this is the one located near the glove comparment........you have to take out the glove comparment out and then you should see it......its located in the side of the door is, kind like where the fender is.......i will get the picture if you wait.......that might be the problem
That is the Body Control Module more commonly refered to as the BCM. It's not in the door, it's behind the passenger side kick panel. Yup it is common to all the probs Familyduner is having.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts