DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i have a 04ish stratus with a coolant leak at work (chevy dealer). i know its not a LH car, but its got the 2.7 that were all familiar with. just replaced the coolant outlet housing in front of the plenum that was leaking. coolant runs down and drips off where the engine and trans meet. cant see it from the top. but from the bottom you can see it. doesnt look like the freeze plugs are leaking. i think it might be a head gasket but the damn CV axle complely blocks the head gasket from the site. any ideas on what else to look for? thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i noticed nothing coolant related in that area. how bad is a head gasket job on one?

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
yes i noticed nothing coolant related in that area. how bad is a head gasket job on one?
it's not to bad of a job...a trep is way easier.....you're working with very tight quarters you will need to balance the motor on a floor jack as all but one motor mount needs to be removed. the rear head is a bit of a pita.....best way to pull the rear head is separate the cat from the manifold and leaving the manifold connected to the head, drop the motor a bit to give you room for when you yank it.

ive got some good pictures of the break down on this thread.....http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=174941&highlight=2002+sebring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts