DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason u couldnt switch out a 2.7 in a Stratus to a 3.5 HO???? same as the intrepid???

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Nope, cant. The engine mounts laterally in the stratus, whereas the intrepid it mounts longitudinally -- thats the first hurdle, second hurdle is the engine mounts would have to be custom made for a 3.5, then finally the 3.5 is too big to fit in the engine compartment.

However, with some parts swapping, you can mount a 2.7 out of a stratus into an intrepid or vice versa. Just not 3.2/3.5.

Ive been looking for a Stratus to experiment with.. either doing a 2.7 to 2.4 DOHC swap or 2.7, 3.0 swap. Electronics look like they would work.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Does the Stratus/Sebring 2.7 have the same problems as the Intrepid/Concorde 2.7?
Yup, but you dont see it as often because there wasnt as many Stratii with the 2.7 -- Sebring was affected also.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yup, but you dont see it as often because there wasnt as many Stratii with the 2.7 -- Sebring was affected also.
The only Strat with the 2.7 was the sedan R/T which, IIRC was only sold in Mexico. The Strat R/T coupes had the Mitsu 3.0L. The Sebrings with the 2.7 are much more common, both in the sedan and the convertible. And after driving my grandpa's Strat with the 2.4, (I never thought I would say this) but this car REALLY needs the 2.7.

·
Registered
234 Posts
"The only Strat with the 2.7 was the sedan R/T which, IIRC was only sold in Mexico."

The 2.7 Stratus was NOT only sold in mexico. The 2.7 and 3.0 were both available.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
The only Strat with the 2.7 was the sedan R/T which, IIRC was only sold in Mexico. The Strat R/T coupes had the Mitsu 3.0L.
The older ones had the 3.0L-- I believe 01 and older -- a friend of mine has a 2.7 Stratus R/t so they definitely sell them here.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Older Strati sedans had the 2.5 V-6. The 2001-2007 (?) Stratus Sedans have the 2.7 as an optional engine, R/T sedan models at one point had a 5 speed as standard equipment (as did Sebring GTC Convertibles) but eventually was dropped for the autostick 4 speed slushbox.

They did sell 2.4 Turbo Stratus Sedans in Mexico, the same with Sebrings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts