DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any real differences between the Stratus & Intrepid? They seem to be in the same price range..

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'd say size and power. The Intrepid in both Gen's beat's the Stratus out hands down in the size & comfort. And as for power just look at the engine's, can't get the 3.5 in the Stratus. If you are having to choose between the both of them in the same price range, go for the Intrepid!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Intrepid hands down.......the Stratus coupe's are nice though ;)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yeah buddy. Sure as hell would have bought a Stratus R/T or SXT if they were a tad bigger in the comfort level. Intrepid fits me like a really cushy, fast, good sounding, shiny glove. :thumbsup: I actually liked a Sebring the dealer showed me as well. I'd say the newer sebrings and newer stratus look similar, moreso than the Intrepid and Stratus.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Which Stratus? There are 2 different ones. The 4 doors are American made with either the 2.4 or the 2.7 while the 2 door is a reskinned Mitsubishi Eclipse with the 2.4 or a 3.0 ...

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don’t check when the Stratus went through it’s model change, but I compared the 97 Intrepid and Stratus, and the top of the line Intrepid came with a 214 hp V6 whereas the top of the line Stratus came with a 2.5 liter V6 which only put out 168. So in other words the top of the line Stratus only had a hair more power then the base Intrepid (which had 161 hp), and was of course still smaller. The same could be said for 2004, the last year of the Intrepid, since the top of the line Intrepids came with a 244 hp V6, and the top of the line stratus (the R/T) came with a 200 hp V6, which was the same power output as the entry level Intrepid.
So if you want something smaller and more economical I’d go with the Stratus. If you want something larger and more luxurious I’d go with the Intrepid. And if you wanted something a little sportier the 1G Intrepids you did have a sport model, but the Stratus did not. For the 2G Intrepids there were R/T models available for both the Intrepid and Stratus, just as a little comparison.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i love my stratus... i went from a 97 intrepid sport, which was pretty much base other than the big engine and autostick, to a fully loaded 01 stratus es, big difference. the stratus is obviously slower, but the luxury factor makes up for it. its also a much better looking car in my opinion

·
Registered
753 Posts
interesting enough when I was buying my 04 Intrepid, I was also looking at an 04 Sebring ( Canada eh?), and much to my surprise the insurance was cheaper for my 'trep by about $380.00 with my step son on as an occassional driver. ( same drive train 2.7 ).

Made wanting the bigger 'trep even easier to decide upon

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I was looking at the Stratus myself. I don't like the japanese one though.....when you sit in it, the windshield is so sloped, it's like right in your face. I'd take a four door with the 2.7 ...they're a bit quicker than the 2.7 Intrepid.

·
Registered
509 Posts
now i've been seaching for an R/T
damn aren't they hard to find? yup... just like an intrepid R/T.
you can never find too many of those top models =\

1 - 11 of 11 Posts