DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all do our share of racing/ driving too fast. I will admit I drive fast and have done stupid things too. We need to be careful.

Last week some kids from my High School were street racing someone and lost control of their car. They spun out and drove across three lanes into a supply truck. The truck hit the rear end and then rolled over top the car. Three Died on impact. The driver now faces up to 15 years. BE Careful guys and gals. Straight accelerations from a light vs 1 other car is okay, still risky. But when you start weaving in and out of traffic going too fast, slow down and think.

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/apr/28accident.htm

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
What the hell are they doing racing a POS Mazda for anyways? ;)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Same thing we do when we race our Treps..... :confused: :grinno:
Except for the fact that I could EASILY outhandle every single vehicle Mazda made in 1995. (maybe not the RX7)

·
Registered
202 Posts
And this has been happening since cars were invented,I used to street race,hell I still would had I not sold my roadrunner,cuda and coronet in the past couple years :(
The main thing is get out away from people,don't do this crap in town and in traffic,if you crash and kill yourself then oh well but kill others and you should be hung by your nuts.

Even outrun the cops a couple years back in this

forget the 340 badging,I had a 360 bored and stroked to 416 cubes in that one,the little engine that could.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
sad news also was a reck out here a 33 yerar old drunk was racing another car hitting a turn thats ment (45-50 max) he was doing way above 60 and illed the 15 yeard old passenger. other car got away

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
side note im suprised they released the names of minors like that out here i know they have to hold the names

·
Registered
227 Posts
Some kid was killed around here recently doing the racing thing...a couple of mustangs-one of them lost it and ended up dead. Stupid thing is there was so much talk about how good a kid he was, B.S. I say- noone would be saying that if he had killed some family or something. I say **** around all you want just have respect for the lives of those around you-which I see less and less of......

·
Registered
662 Posts
A couple of weeks ago a teen in the next town over died in a highway accident because of speeding in a Mustang. He was only 18. I could have died when I crashed into a telephone last summer. It can happen to anyone, so remember to drive responsibly.

http://www.safeplacetogrieve.com/obitnew/obitfull.php?id=777

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Avenger said:
Except for the fact that I could EASILY outhandle every single vehicle Mazda made in 1995. (maybe not the RX7)
You should really get rid of that "maybe" bcs that's a "for sure".... :rollgrin:
And you should compare to a similar year no point in comparing a 10 year old "economy car" with your newer "family sedan"....get my drift....all racing is pointless with these cars, especially on public roads.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Last year two kids were "street racing" in Dartmouth. One lost control of his car (Mustang) and was lucky enough to survive the crash. The other guy kept right one going.

The sad thing is, the two young girls in the bus stop he flattened, died. Painfully. Just because they were there.

The two A-holes dragging on public streets knew the risks or at least what could happen, the two girls waiting in the bus stop sure weren't expecting the risk of waiting for a bus to be a horrible death.

Think it can't happen to you because you're a good driver? Bet the A-hole in the Mustang thought that too.

He's lucky my daughter wasn't the one in that bus shelter, or he'd be dead and I'd be in jail instead of him.

Wanna race?

Please, take it to the track where it's safe for everyone.

Please, for the love of god, Drive safe.

BJ

·
Registered
227 Posts
Barto1127 said:
A couple of weeks ago a teen in the next town over died in a highway accident because of speeding in a Mustang. He was only 18. I could have died when I crashed into a telephone last summer. It can happen to anyone, so remember to drive responsibly.

http://www.safeplacetogrieve.com/obitnew/obitfull.php?id=777
Yep, thats the kid...I did not know him. But I do know people who lived near him-got a bad rep for driving like an a-hole. Heres the thing though...sounds like I'm bashing this kid..but I'm not, I'm just repeating what I've been told. Gotta suck for his family...I've got a feeling that wasn't the first thing on his mind while racing on public roads. Death IS a stiff penalty for reckless driving-but it happens more than we know...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A friend of my moms died a while ago street racing actually on the same road i had my accident on. It wasn't the exact same spot but its out of the way and people think they can drive like morons on it, trust me i was one of them. It was a hard lesson to learn but I have yet to try and test the limits of my new intrepid, hoping to find a nice straight line with no possibility of hurting myself or others. If i do ever race this car it would be on a track or in the middle of nowhere on a SAFE road. Where are those awesome roads where its hundreds of miles of desert like in the movies? That would be perfect for this kind of thing.

Josiah

·
Registered
997 Posts
Avenger said:
you say maybe? wtf are you retarded, a 1995 RX7 would hand back your ass in a cardboard box.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
We had some kids around here racing and they hit a school bus and caused it to overturn..... VERY STUPID.... I make it a point NOT to speed during the school Zone times for reasons like that.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nathan Clarke said:
you say maybe? wtf are you retarded, a 1995 RX7 would hand back your ass in a cardboard box.
wow someone needs to calm down here do what he is doing -> :drink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts