DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where you get them but your awesome. Is there a link I could use?

Anyways I want to know about door panel removal. Specifically rear, behind drivers door. Anyways, I can get the panel off but I don't know what to unplug first without screwing anything up. I will need to replace a motor for it soon and want to know how to do it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Here you go, if you need anything more detailed then this I'll have to get it from Dodge. (I can do that too)

Door Panels

Rear

See Figure 13

Fig. 13: Rear door trim panel

Disconnect the negative battery cable.

On vehicles without power windows, use a door handle removal tool and disengage the clip holding the window crank handle to the regulator and remove the crank handle from the panel.

Remove the screw holding the pull cup to the trim panel and separate the pull cup from the door.

From behind the latch handle, remove the screw holding the trim panel to the door.

If the wire harness must remain with the door, disengage the clips holding the power window switch panel to the trim panel and separate the switch panel from the door. Unplug the wire connector from the switch.

If the wire harness must remain with the door, disengage the clips holding the power mirror switch to the trim panel and pull the switch rearward out of the trim panel. Unplug the wire connector from the switch.

If the wire harness is to remain with the door trim panel, unplug the door jamb connector.

Remove the fasteners holding the wire harness close-out cover to the door end frame. Disengage the push-in retainers holding the door opening weatherstrip to the door end frame. Pull the harness from under the weatherstrip.

Lift the door trim panel upward to disengage the channel retainer at the top of the trim and tilt the trim panel upward.

Disengage the clip holding the linkage rod to the inside latch handle and separate the rod from the handle.

Lift the door trim panel upward to disengage the hook retainers at the bottom of the trim panel and separate the panel from the door.

Separate the panel from the door.

To install:

Position the the door trim panel and engage the hook retainers in the holes at the bottom of the trim panel.

Engage the clip holding the linkage rod to the inside latch handle.

Engage the channel retainer at the top of the trim panel.

Face the index arrow outward and snap the pull cup into the trim panel. Install the screw holding the pull cup to the trim panel.

From behind the latch handle, install the screw holding the trim panel to the door.

If the wire harness was removed with the door trim panel, route the harness under the weatherstrip and engage the door jamb connector.

Install the fasteners holding the wire harness close-out cover to the door end frame. Engage the push-in retainers holding the door opening weatherstrip to the door end frame.

Engage the clips holding the power window switch panel to the trim panel and install the switch panel to the door. Engage the wire connector to the switch.

On vehicles without power windows, engage the window crank handle to the regulator.

Connect the negative battery cable.

Also:

Electric Window Motor

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figures 1 and 2

Fig. 1: Window motor mounting

Fig. 2: Removing the window motor mounting screw

Raise the window until it is in the full up position, if possible.

Remove the trim panel and window regulator as described in this section.

Disconnect the negative battery cable.

Unplug the electric window motor electrical connector.

Secure the sector gear and mounting plate with a C-clamp or similar clamping tool. This will prevent a sudden and forceful movement of the regulator when the motor is removed.

Remove the three mounting screws that hold the motor gearbox to the regulator and remove the motor from the regulator.

To install:

Position the motor on the regulator so that it engages the regulator sector teeth.

Rock the motor into position to align the three screw holes.

Install the three mounting screws and the one tie down bracket screw and tighten to 50-70 inch lbs. (5.6-8.0 Nm).

Install the regulator and test the operation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts