DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My struts on my r/t are pretty worn out and you can feel how the bumps and here them as you would with warm out struts. I have my 2000 intrepid Es sitting in the garage waiting to be dumped. But the struts on those were replaced 50k befor the car died. My question is, is there really that much of a difference between my current 2002 r/t struts becaus they have the sports suspension and my 2000 intrepid Es? I'm wanting to replace the struts on my r/t with the Es struts.
The whole strut assembly including the springs and everything just to clarify, pull them straight off the Es and throw them on the r/t.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
If the struts on the ES are all factory (Mopar) then I'd use them. If they're aftermarket, I'd have to think about it...

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
Like Steph said if they're OEM then do a swap. If you can keep the R/T springs for a later time do that also. If they're aftermarket and 50k+ miles on them..I wouldn't bother myself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are oem struts with around 50k. Also, so if I were to take the strut from the Es and throw on the r/t springs on those struts, I should be good as new? As in like trying to keep the feel and performance of the r/t suspension?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts