DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
I just searched and found two threads that had mention of FCS struts, and the comments are all by one guy (ncfrc) - not favorable comments - I think on a bad experience with some FCS rear struts:

Many here have had good luck with KYB - prices are generally not too bad and they work well - Rock Auto often has warehouse closeouts at really good prices - they come and go quickly, so you have to act fast when they pop up.

On the cowl, in general, I've found that the best way to turn up obsolete OEM parts is to search by "Chrysler [part number]" both on ebay and using your internet search engine of choice. On general internet searches, usually a couple of dealer sites will come up - typically, some will show it as obsolete and don't actually have the part, but many times there'll be one or two that actually have it - sometimes at an exhorbitant price.

If there is a leading zero on the part number (04536754AC - a made up number), always try the search with and without the leading zero (045366754AC and 4536754AC) - some places list one way, some the other, some will score a hit either way. Trying both ways ensures you don't miss one. Rock Auto sometimes has some OEM parts by OEM part number. The two letters at the end can change with revisions, so try to discover what the last revision level was to help the search (sometimes you can find that by searching the part number leaving the revision letters off).

Anyway, that's my way of scrubbing for obsolete parts. Generally, if you don't find it those ways, you're pushing a rope trying to find it. Oh - you might also PM tgs (Terry). He doesn't hang here much any more but generally responds to PMs. He has used parts - not sure if he does 1st gen stuff.

You could also do a drill down on the vehicle and part name or description on www.car-part.com - it is a pretty thorough listing service for junk yards. All of the junk yards will ship anywhere for actual shipping cost, and you might find a local listing for pick up on a given part.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for response. I'll do some More searching on the web for cowl, no junk yards around my area have one. As far as struts go, I'll put them on hold until I figure out why it's running rich.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for response. I'll do some More searching on the web for cowl, no junk yards around my area have one. As far as struts go, I'll put them on hold until I figure out why it's running rich.
Running rich means too much fuel not enough air. Did you get a bank 1 Sensor 1 rich. If you did it's most likely an oxygen sensor, I just had same problem turned out to be downstream oxygen sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts