DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I’ll have the old strut mount problem on the blue Monroe. I’ll have the oem mounts ordered, but my question and concern is. Can I use the Monroe or aftermarket seat & bearing in combination with the oem mount?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Years ago I did some experimenting with fitment of OEM and aftermarket parts. I seem to remember that the aftermarket bearings I had were a really loose fit on the OEM mount. I measured the I.D. of the aftermarket bearing vs an OEM bearing and the opening on the aftermarket bearing was considerably larger resulting in the crappy fit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Years ago I did some experimenting with fitment of OEM and aftermarket parts. I seem to remember that the aftermarket bearings I had were a really loose fit on the OEM mount. I measured the I.D. of the aftermarket bearing vs an OEM bearing and the opening on the aftermarket bearing was considerably larger resulting in the crappy fit.
So maybe I’ll should buy the oem bearing .When i bought the mount at the dealer I was told it was 1 left at a Indiana dealership and couldn’t tell me anything else. If I can’t find 2 of then I’ll find out myself if is going to work or not. Thank you Rondo

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Have you checked ebay for new-old OEM stock? If they haven’t all disappeared, you can generally save a little, plus usually free shipping. I bought a pair 4 or 5 years ago.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
I had a hard time finding a single OEM bearing on Ebay a year ago. There were a few but 1 or 2 of them were retarded expensive and price gouged!

There's a couple on there now from OEM online dealers for $115-121 + Shipping!

PN 04782016

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a hard time finding a single OEM bearing on Ebay a year ago. There were a few but 1 or 2 of them were retarded expensive and price gouged!

There's a couple on there now from OEM online dealers for $115-121 + Shipping!

PN 04782016
Am on those I’ll will be buying them soon

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Hanging onto the ones I bought for $38 each. Sorry!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
What did you pay for the OEM strut mounts? They had to be pretty pricey?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts