DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, fans are coming low and then on high just shy of the 1/2 on the temp gauge. That's been the car's normal operating temp since I've had it. The fans do it some good at a standstill, but don't seem to keep up at normal city speeds.
Odd, more airflow should mean more cooling. With electric fans you don't have a fan belt to slip at speed. Fans going in correct direction?

Could the timing be getting out of whack at high speed?

Could there be undiagnosed trannie trouble that occurs after lockup which creates drag and overheating?

Contact TorontoFireCaptain! :explode1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. radiator, water pump, thermostat, radiator cap.. were all replaced. still over heating. my last resort is the head gasket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is the check engine light on? If so turn the key to acc on without starting the car 3x from the off position in 5 seconds. Trouble codes will appear below the odometer

·
Registered
8 Posts
The seal on the water pump went on mine, and from the looks of it, the seal was leaking for some time, so that may or may not of been the over heating issue ?

So I bought the gates kit, belt, tensioner and water pump, and the last time my wife had it done, they used that cheap round o-ring in I am assuming they bought the same kit, for the pump seal, I upgraded and went with the nice pump seal from Chrysler, which you can see it's a much better seal.

I got over 240,000 miles, so I've ordered a new Chrysler harmonic balancer, so waiting on that.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
06-02-2010, 11:35 pm

21 - 30 of 30 Posts