DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I passed the mechanic's house that did my swap for me and there was another trep in the yard.Just called him being the scavenger that I am and this is the poor cars story.The original owner a lawyer was too cheap to ever change the oil......Well the whole top-end had to be rebuilt and after that he sold the car to the present owner.My mech told this guy to follow the oil schedule like a religion. This guy does the same crap!! When my mech checked the oil sticker it was the same one he put there 30k ago...owner confirmed it was accurate,the oil was never changed.So now the motor lost the bottom end :explosion . Why do people beg for punishment like this?

He's going to call me to let me know whats going to happen to the car,maybe the guy will give it up cheap.If not I already got dibs on whatever is left over as long as I pick it up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Xrental, At least you might get a cheap parts car. 30k is insane for oil change interval on any car these days, but a 2.7? I don't even want to touch a 2.7, let alone get the oil change religion one should have when owning and driving one. -CW

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya,to tell you the truth I got a free 2.7 with minor rod knock and I mean it was pulled over and towed at the first sound of knock.Girl noticed it right after dealer changed the oil so the dealer came and picked it up off the road.Her Uncle owns the shop down the road and I had to ask about the car when I saw the headlights pulled.
I might rebuild 1 of these motors,I'm confident enough that if the 2.7 was ran with synthetic from the start it wouldnt have these problems.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Damn what a moron times 2. I change my oil every 2200 to 2500 miles. 30,000 miles, i can not imagine what that poor engine went through.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
467 Posts
it's always a good laugh when a "lease return" comes back in with between 36,000 and 40,000 with the original oil filter still on it, with rust on it. When the customer is told that they officially own the car and the dealership will not take it back, it's always a huge cry/anger with "I didn't know I had to do the maintainence too..."

:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
is there a filter that can match that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts