DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Im quite fed up of watching that stupid, brainless, Honda commercial!

You know the one where the Honda race car driver takes and accord out with the salesman and scares the dealer. Then says "In Every Honda, is a Honda Engine!"

Well all I can say, I damm well better be a Honda engine if I buying a Honda!!

Has to be the dumbest car add out there!!

Im going to the dealer to check, might find a KIA engine in there!!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
LOL, thats soo true, I always was thinking the same thing.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Check under the hood of your Chevy passenger cars in the next couple of years. GM has been slated to buy V6 engines from Honda to use in GM's domestic products, but only in passenger cars in the class of the Malibu.

·
Registered
349 Posts
pimped3point3, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but Chrysler uses Mitsubishi engines in it's some of its cars and minivans. And we're going to see more and more of that in the future... probably to the point where the dodge trucks are the only chrysler vehicles left using mopar engines.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
True, true. DC even has a Mercedes diesel waiting in the wings for the Dodge trucks. They are going to be introduced when the Cummins contract runs out.

Should be interesting.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i hope the masses aren't turned away by the fact that for the first time in a long time dodge won't be powered by the holy grail of diesel pickup engines, the mighty cummins turbodiesel. duramax this, powerstroke that, cummins is by far the best engine of the bunch.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I went to Sears the other day and was looking at lawnmowers, sure enough the engine had HONDA stamped on it.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Cost management. It will be a lot cheaper for them to use an in house engine, and perhaps the MB diesel won't be a $5,000 option.

I never liked Cummins...or GM diesels. Navistar (Powerstroke) all the way baby. Always beats the other two in comparison tests.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The old pushrod 3.1 V6 can't hack it anymore, HEHEHE. Let's buy ricer V6's from Honda instead, BRILLANT Thomson here's your promotion. I can picture the board meeting in my mind.

FWI Corsia rear ends being used in 2002 Hyundai Sonatas.

Originally posted by pimped3point3:
....and to think Chevy couldnt get any worse, but ricer engines....im gonna laugh about that for hours :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts