DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if I found something weird with these things, but I can get this to work about 75% of the time.

If you start the car, and quickly throw it into gear before the idiot lights on the dash clear, either the Air Bag light will stick on, or the gas gauge will not work.

Just something stupid I noticed. Anyone else with the same thing, or more dumb tricks?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds more like a PROBLEM to me than a TRICK. I've done the same thing and don't experience the same "trick".

-wolf out

·
Registered
560 Posts
OR...if you're running...turn the ignition key EVER SO SLIGHTLY towards the off position (like 1 or 2 mm)...loss of power steering, air bags, abs, pretty much the entire dash lights up like a friggin xmas tree that caught fire...but you can still drive...oh, and all accessories are out. cant even roll down the windows. (dont do this on the highway...if you turn the car off while driving<key in off position>, the steering wheel locks up and you cant steer anymore...bad) (i know y'all aint that stupid, im just watching my own ass)
or here's another stupid trick....turn the car on, idle for 1 minute, put into drive...then, turn the key another 1/4 turn forward to the start position and listen to the funky grooves, baby! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
here's a long story that deals with a ford, a mean ass kid, a busted water pump, turning the key when the car was on, and a self-proclaimed nazi.

my roommate's water pump crapped out, so the place he got the work done at gave him a 91 taurus wagon as a loaner. we beat the **** out of it. on the day we were to take it back and retreive the lebaron, he was too embarrased to drive down university at the very time when all the pretty girls are out in force. i volunteered to drive that wagon.

first, after i started it i turned the key and cranked for about 5 seconds. i just wanted to see what would happen. after that i did a brakestand in R and then floored it and bombed it into 1st. then at 30-35 i repeatedly put it in N, floored it, then bombed it back down into 3rd. the tranny started slipping at this point.

so i limped it down to the lot and the repair guy started reaming my ass because i casually asked if we could look at the water pump to see what was wrong with it. he told me he was a nazi and told me to get the hell out of his stoor. i didn't back down but instead gave him something else to think about (nothing to share here, not worth repeating) and we took off.

so anyway, this granny's taurus wagon (34k miles on a 91??, has to be a granny) needs i'd estimate probably at least $500 of transmission work to even move off the lot. i figure that's the price the guy should pay for being a nazi.

ha. i ****ed up a ford.

·
Registered
261 Posts
hell yea!!! thats a kool story, but I hope that he doesnt pawn that off on the granny! [or didnt i guess]

My first car was a '91 mercury sable wagon [same P.O.S.] and I blew it up about 2 months after my parents gave it to me.
I was trying to follow my buddy in his 96 olds achiva, I had the thin up to about 85mph and then she overheated like crazy, and I threw a piston rod bearing [at least thats what we think happened] I sold it for money twards a down payment, if i recall i got $250 for it! LOL!

So I ended up with my trep about 3 months later. Yay me!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dash usually works totally normal, but I am telling you if you just catch it right, it will cause one of those two glitches...

I will keep playing with it, and find out exactly how to get these to do it.

When the car is started normally, and all the idiot lights go out, I never have a problem.

Ahh, and when you do the neutral, shut the car off trick, and then restart it, you can get the gas gauge to lock up also. Especially when you are down to around 1/4 tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts