DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just criusing our loop, just putzing and blasting my system and the whole time this early nineties Probe is riding my ass. I pull up to this stop light and this guy pulls up next to me. He like yells at me ,"Can't that piece of **** go any faster!" and the guy doesnt even have an SE or GT. That kinda pissed me off so i decided i was gonna waste some gas and smoke his ass. Light turns green i power launch, by the next block he was well behind me. I had to be a smart ass and slow down and ask him if that was better, all i got was a finger :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a friend with a '93 Probe GT. He has some mods on it, but he still is reluctant to race me. I've beaten him several times. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah ive proven that the intrepid reigns supreme over gt probes (lightly modded ones at least). one of my best friends has a 94 gt, 5 speed. he had a head start, full throttle, from the line. i was following behind him. (AGAIN! i think i posted this before...this was a while ago, my car was loaded down with all the crap i was bringing to school!...haha seems every time i race the car has a lot of uneccessary weight!) anyway, followed behind him, punched the gas, started to pass, and by the time we hit 70 i was two car lengths in front of him. tried it again, this time for real...me being ready now. (turned off the a/c this time...) took off, nose to nose till 30, then i rocketed ahead...picture a parked probe, then picture a first-gen intrepid, loaded down so bad that the rear wheels look like they have fender skirts, passing the parked ford going 5 mph...OOOO yeah! he was impressed...told me the '94 probe had more power from factory than any other year....pretty good right? that makes 2 probes now...(anyone remember my steaming-cup-o'-skoal thru the sunroof story?) pretty dumb of me.......feel kinda sorry about that one now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't know but my boss at the tire shop has a 94 or 96 with a 2.5, and a\m headers nothing else. He did a 15.9 at the track to my 16.1. So I tink it is just the fact that those of you who go against them get lucky in that they don't know how to drive. We would be even till he was midway through 2nd and I hit second them he would pull ahaed a hair. The tme I ran a 16.1 he had some tire spin and beat me by .05. So as much as I hate to admit it a little Probe is faster than our car by a hair. He also has adj. struts on his car and it is dropped a little.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
LOL, thats an amazing kill, show that guy what an Intrepid has. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Always nice to burst someone's bubble, especially when they "think" they have a hot car!! He'll think twice before shootin' off his mouth again.

Nice kill!!
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts