DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my drivers rear tire says "THIS SIDE IN" in big bold print facing outward. They are radials, of course, and radials are non-directional correct? That particular one hasnt given me any problems and the tires have not been rotated since it was put on last summer so i know it was the wal-mart guy that put them on. Simple mistake. So my question is, can that tire just be spun around so it faces the way it should without any headaches? Or do i need to 'convince' ( :cussing: )them to give me a new tire?After all, in the words of Ron White "This guy was a tire guy! Thats all he did. He didn't some days work on transmission. He was a tire guy!" :grinyes:

·
Dain bramaged
7,329 Posts
they are marked this side in for a reason.. take it back and *****.. also look at the tread of the tire.. its its unevenly worn or tore up ***** even more..

also check to make sure there isn't an arrow pointing a certain way.. if there is then the tread is directional, and thats a whole other list of issues.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Veeb0rg said:
they are marked this side in for a reason.. take it back and *****.. also look at the tread of the tire.. its its unevenly worn or tore up ***** even more..

also check to make sure there isn't an arrow pointing a certain way.. if there is then the tread is directional, and thats a whole other list of issues.
Thanks for the advice... gonna get me another new tire :banana:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
* I just got to thinking... I did have a slow leak in that tire a couple months ago and had them fix it. I thought I would have noticed that before now if had been on the wrong way from the start. but still 3000 miles against the grain...yeah, i'll give them my 2 cents. :cussing:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my free tire. Wasn't too hard at all because the only two guys there were like maybe 18 and didnt give too shits about anything going on. I know from experience tire shops are always lax but damn...The guy actually doing the work was like "**** it, im gonna go on ****in break! but i'll get yours when i get back aight?" and the guy at the counter was chatting on his cell the whole time. I came back an hour later and the guy putting it on told me "I could just turn back around and it should be fine" and i told him "Nope, I want a new one. Wal-mart can buy this one". :grinyes:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BCintrepid said:
they should buy you two, unless you don't plan on rotating your tires. For now you have one tire with more tread than the other, and if they go one the front they will take out your wheel bearings.
yeah your right...but it's not too much of an issue to me...considering all but one has been replaced for one reason or another in the past 10 months.

btw where did you find those chrome fender skirt things...i saw them a while back and checked ebay but havent found them. my dad has them on his truck but yours is the only intrepid i've seen with em. looks real nice!

·
Registered
931 Posts
micholob, im not tring to bash ya or anything, but im guess your first problem would have been going to walmart for tires. if your gonna get tires, go to an actual tire shop, not the hick store with one in the back man

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spaz_boy31 said:
micholob, im not tring to bash ya or anything, but im guess your first problem would have been going to walmart for tires. if your gonna get tires, go to an actual tire shop, not the hick store with one in the back man
I agree with you completely, but i didnt have a choice in the matter. :biggrin:
see here http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69439&

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.