DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to avoid asking stupid n00b questions, but I have a '95 concorde; for some reason I am unable to unlock the truck with the key provided (bought used) and can only access it via the glove compartment, is there some sort of switch on the inside of the trunk to unlock this? Also, is it possible to purchase Xenon type headlights for a Concorde? Thanks for your time.

-Kevin

·
Registered
689 Posts
What it might be, given that your 'Corde was bought used, is that you don't have the master key, but rather, the valet key, or a copy of it. I've got two keys for the Intrepid, as the original Chrysler key doesn't work on the trunk, so I've got a copy of my dad's key for the Intrepid (I could just use the copy, but I like having an actual Chrysler key). I think the test, is to see if your key unlocks the glovebox or not.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I had the same problem with my corde. What happens is the little sliders/keys in the lock cylinder get gummed up and stick, which will not allow the key to work. I took mine out and took it to a locksmith with my spare key (both factory Chrysler black head keys) and he worked with it and had to replace two of the slider/key things and it works good as new now. I think it cost me $35, well worth it if your battery dies and your jumper cables are in the trunk! :brow2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts