DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've decided that im not going to spend anymore money on visual upgrades or mods to my car because its just worthless with the shape its already in (unless i plan on dumping 5 grand into visuals and then still have to worry about mechanics) so instead, im going the fun way- im going to completely redo my system and im starting with the bottom end on up (my subs are suckin) Im looking for some REALLY high end subs and amps to power them, what do you guys recommend? (im talking like 500+$ subs that are designed for competetive purposes) I dont know anyone that has any kind of system thats even remotely decent for competing. I'm also gonna need an amp to power these babies. Thanks in advance for all the input on the high end stuff :p

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i liked your system...also, why spend more money on a system when you have a decent ones,and let your car fall appart?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hmmmm, looking to compete. What organizations come around by you? Depending on where you are in Michigan, I want to say there is a lot of dbDrag. If you're looking to go real big, I'd say look into RE MT's or DD 95/9900s.

Remember though, even if you wanna spend $1000 on subs, you're going to spend another couple thousand on amps, they cost more than subs on the high end. Then another thousand on electrical.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not as up on the acronyms as you johnny :p so could you unabbreviate those for me :p thanks, and what i meant is that im not gonna bother spending money on making my car look show quality, im going to keep the car running, but if anything ever happens, i can always take a system with me, I originally wanted to show my car- maybe I'm just going through a period of doubts. I guess ultimately I'm just seeking some information from all sides and I wanna know what all the options are and what the costs are and maybe after having the information I need, I can finally sit down and figure out what I want. I could always just sit on my ass and be happy with what I've got, like I should, but something just seems like its not right, and missing, and I'm trying to figure out what that is. (By the way, thanks for the input and questioning my thoughts :p)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sorry, lol. I'm used to just abbreviating things, haha. The subs I recommended were Resonant Engineering's 'MT' line of woofers. And then Digital Designs 9500 and 9900 series woofers.

www.reaudio.com
www.ddaudio.com

Check out the sites, if they don't float your boat, I'll recommend some others. But I have a feeling when you see what these things look like, you're gonna want a pair, haha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
PG x600.1
2 ocatne ZR 12"

done for under 400, port em ull be amazed by the sq and output(aka sql) from such a cheap set up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts