·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
672 Posts
Prime,
go to sonicelectronix.com, call the number at the top of the webpage and ask for Jeffrey. He is VERY knowledgable about all car audio. If he cant help you he will find someone that will. I bought 2 Earthquake Sound DBXI-12's from him and got an AWESOME deal on them. Put it this way, I didntv even pay 200 for both! You might even find a deal on replacement subs.

But to answer your question, the kit you posted is crap. I agree with Ty, looka nd see about getting a butyl surround as they will last longer. If not used that much, why not downgrade to maybe a single 10 with a matching amp.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Will going from foam to rubber alter the characteristics of the driver?
it will alter the characteristics as far as sight, it will NOT effect sound to where as you will hear it, but will effect it as to the way it will have a different Xmax factor, allowing the woofer to protrude farther.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Damn I have a pair of 12w3v3's, how old were yours? I also have a pair of the original w0's that I got before the w3's. The w0's had the foam break apart on them not too long after I started using them(I bought them used of Kijiji). I got a foam repair kit much like the one you first posted and fixed them up. The only issue I had was the adhesive separated on the cone(most likely my fault) after 6 months. I put it back together with RTV, it's not pretty but it works perfect! One thing my kit came with that I don't see in the one listed are "spacers" that you use to center the voicecoil. If you don't center it correctly, the subs might just self destruct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts