DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting subs under the front seats and wondered if they would fit.
Im thinking 8s (1 under each) but certainly bigger would be better.
I know some subs are deeper than others, and there is limited room, so I wondered if this works without cutting of modding the seat (even if you cant see it)
has anyone done this or know a brand or something that may fit or is real thin or something that would help? :)
(hope this is in the correct forum!)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Hey doctor,

I don't know about fitting an 8 under your seat. I know I have seen two or three different low profile sub devices that are supposed to fit under your seat at crutchfield.com

·
Registered
424 Posts
you might be able to get it underneath if you dont have a power seat. i'm thinking there is maybe 4 inches of clearance, 5 if your lucky. But when you have the power seat, i'm thinking 2. Grab a tape and go out and check. it's not too hard.
-Taaf-

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
whats your thought process here? I really doubt you'll get much out of a sub small enough to fit under the seat (if you're able to fit one under there at all)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
whats your thought process here? I really doubt you'll get much out of a sub small enough to fit under the seat (if you're able to fit one under there at all)
Maybe he wants a nut message ?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You might be able to fit something smaller under there if you have power seats and want to ride with them raised all the way up in the air. Would be a great place but I agree, you wouldn't get what you are looking for in something that small.

What about moving/removing the rear 6x9's to put in some 8"ers in that spot, of course you would have to cut the oval shape to a round shape. If you are clever enough you might be able to move the 6x9's closer to the center with the 8"s to the outside. Or even better yet put the 6x9's into the rear door (if it can be done!!!!)

I'm giving myself ideas but I have no time or money :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
there no point in doing it because they would be to small to really pound worth a damn from being free air's which require alot more watt's then most in an enclosure. dont bother its a complete waist. just get better 5'1/4's and 2 way 6x9's it will be a dramatic improvement in the sound system or 6" subs in the doors for heavy mid base. you would notice it alot more and have less trouble for mods to the car with the seats involved. most mini amps can bairly fit under some car seats. there are way better ways to go about this by going the easy route and with less trouble. to 6" subs in the doors. they make them and they hit like 8" subs with proper watt's behind them.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
94_Concorde said:
What about moving/removing the rear 6x9's to put in some 8"ers in that spot, of course you would have to cut the oval shape to a round shape. If you are clever enough you might be able to move the 6x9's closer to the center with the 8"s to the outside. Or even better yet put the 6x9's into the rear door (if it can be done!!!!)

I'm giving myself ideas but I have no time or money :(
Thats a decent idea in theory, but if you've ever removed your rear deck and felt how flimsy the materiel its made of is, youd know for sure that the vibration would rattle like crazy. My suggestion would be to remove the 6x9s and port some bass from a trunk enclosure into the cabin. It works perfectly for me!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whitey said:
u know what the best idea would be to do is peel u seat cover back leave the foam exposed and put cut it up and put the 8 in there but i dont know why. Is to get a date excited so u know u are gettin some if that is the case make sure u put a toggle switch to shut it on and off so u dont get a friend excited
the idea did come from wanting girls to like it....

I remember hearing once that things are made that dont put out sound, I think, but make the seat vibrate. like it gets hooked up to the seat frame or whatever... anyone know about those? that would work

·
Registered
997 Posts
why the hell do you want subs under the seat? I know I couldn't stand that. Just put them in the trunk.

·
Registered
627 Posts
i have some bose 8" subs for sale they are 2.5 " deep at the most they will work ,they are out of a 06 vette i want $50.00 for the pair

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dr5D said:
the idea did come from wanting girls to like it....

I remember hearing once that things are made that dont put out sound, I think, but make the seat vibrate. like it gets hooked up to the seat frame or whatever... anyone know about those? that would work
Hehe, you could always do a massager set up like they did on pimp my ride! You could take the cover off the seat and mold some vibrating massagers into the foam :bouncgrin :banana:

·
Registered
110 Posts
If that's all you want it for, buy her some vibrating panties with the remote control. With power seats you only have 1" - 1 1/2" unless you like the truck driver position.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You guys beat me to the female jokes.

Just put a vibrator in your ****ing glove compartment :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts