DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !

I had a amp ( Power Acoustic Sapphire SP2X-820 (460W X1) and a 12" subwoofer (Pioneer TS-W305c) in my old car and I want to put it in my Trep. Now here are my questions:

1- Should I put a fuse for the amp and if so, how much amps should the fuse be ? ( I didn't have one on my old setup. I was told it was not neccessary.)

2- Should I need a capacitor and if so, how much farad ?

3- Can I screw the amp in the back seat ?

4- What's the best setup for the sound for the sub ? Facing outside or inside the car ?

Thank you all for your hints and tips !!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
You always need a fuse as close to the battery as possible when you install a sub. For the size I would say about 80 amps but im not too sure on that. Take a look at this table it will tell you what gauge wire to run and the table below it tells you how many amps an amp will pull by the rms power. The number of amps is found by dividing RMS wattage by the voltage and then multiply by two to factor in 50% efficiency:
Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes

I would not use a cap just make sure you have all of the right size wiring and if your lights dim and you don't like it the big 3 is the best fix.

You can screw the amp into the back of the seat but this can be a little difficult if you don't have folding seats and it would be a hassle if you need to get to the amp.

I face my sub away from the cab but my first system sounded better with the sub towards the cab so I would just play around with it once you get everything installed and see what you like best.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey guys !

I had a amp ( Power Acoustic Sapphire SP2X-820 (460W X1) and a 12" subwoofer (Pioneer TS-W305c) in my old car and I want to put it in my Trep. Now here are my questions:

1- Should I put a fuse for the amp and if so, how much amps should the fuse be ? ( I didn't have one on my old setup. I was told it was not neccessary.)

2- Should I need a capacitor and if so, how much farad ?

3- Can I screw the amp in the back seat ?

4- What's the best setup for the sound for the sub ? Facing outside or inside the car ?

Thank you all for your hints and tips !!!
i dont think capacitors are all that great, they just make ur alt work harder to charge it.. go get a deka or a svr battery and make sure your terminals are nice and clean. upgrading you ground wouldnt hurt either...
i would use and 80 amp anl fuse with your set up.
and for facing them you will have to play around to see what you like...
hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.