DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my 2000 Trep is a whole month old and I couldn't stand it anymore. The Infinity system is good, but not good enough. I had a Bazooka subwoofer tube installed with 100W amp today. Much better.....no more "flat" sounding music. The tube adds just enough bass to finish off the system.

And, thanks to the Treps giant trunk the Bazooka doesn't even start to take up any room. I was kidding around with the installer because he was laying in the trunk during the install, completely in the trunk!! Didn't even have to fold down the seats or anything. He suggesed a mafia career transporting people in the trunk.

If anyone is considering adding a sub to their trep I srongly urge you to do it, the infinity system now sounds so good that I have to kick myself for not spending the money sooner.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
does that bazooka tube come with its own amp? how much power does it require (if it's a seperate amp)?

and, if you don't mind my being nosey, how much did it run?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bazooka tube is an 8" model witht hte built in 100w amp. It's a real nice self-contained package. I picked it up off UBID.com for $90. An incredible deal since everywhere else I checked had the same one for arond $300. Total with shipping was just over $100.

The installation was another $100 but that included all the wiring as well. Due to the Infinity system they had to install high-low converters onto the signal line due to the high power. If you don't run the converters you are probably get a lot of extra garbage noise which isn't necessary.

So, grand total is about $225!! The difference is incredible. The sub has an adjutable level control so you can turn it up from mellow bass to "ricer" thumping.

I'l lpost a picture of the installed sub later today. It's fits really good in the corner of the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts