DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sort of spins off from babyalex27's idea about a member rides forum with pictures of members with their rides.

Though, I was thinking of incorporating part of Stratusphere's idea with people's signatures. Either no one cares (broadband) or no one wants to express their opinion (dialup) but some people's signatures are almost 3x the length of what they post in a message. And most of that is just text of car mods (ie. Intrepid99, Warlord187, 94IntrepidES). Plus the addition of larger pics that some users have.

I'm not personally concerned with load times, as I'm one of those broadband users. However, I find it tiresome to scroll through 1/4 to 1/2 pages of signature text to read the next post.

Why not do the member page like babyalex27 suggested, but then ask people to limit their signatures to either a picture, 3-4 lines of text, or link to their member page in the forums, where they can have their pics and list of mods.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I can guarantee that I have one of the slowest, if not THE slowest connection on the site. I can get around just fine with the current signatures with my 14.4K modem and 133mhz processor.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
pimped3point3 said:
I can guarantee that I have one of the slowest, if not THE slowest connection on the site. I can get around just fine with the current signatures with my 14.4K modem and 133mhz processor.
14.4!!!?????

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You got it. All the blazing speed one could handle. ;)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
pimped3point3 said:
with my 14.4K modem and 133mhz processor.
Time for some performance mods! :biggrin:

·
Registered
724 Posts
RapidTransit said:

Time for some performance mods! :biggrin:
No kidding! Swap in a mAd TyTe TyPe 4 pEnTiUm MoToR under that case
Bring it up to 1 ghz ricepower

Or you could just get an athelon & have 1ghz horsepower :D

Sorry guys I just love to poke fun at the pentiums :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
**** i tought i was slow with my pentium 4 1.5 ghz hehe:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

But i still have aol 56.6 connection and i think its really slow. Now i cant imagine Pimped poor pimped we need to make a donation so he can get a faster modem:tongue: :tongue:

i dont know what youre trying to say atf somepeople like to look at signatures specially new people that sign up and post. and they see some bodys ride they like.

and we already have a memebers picture area:baaa: :baaa:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts