DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, so i called up crutchfield and talked with this dude....i asked him what rear deck speeaker would give me the best/powerful bass possible, while still running off the stock amp...he told me these:

Speakers

tell me what you guys think! are those good, or should i lean towards another pair???

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
i have those in my car now and they sound really good. i have them running off my kenwood HU. i found the 6x9 and the front 6.5 on ebay for $120 from the same company. search around for the best price. crutchfield is good in that they offer factory adapters and how-to instruction sheets for removal and replacement.

--rudy--

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
For that same $120 you could get a set of Infinity Kappa 3 ways or even a component set with an external crossover and remote tweeter. Ebay is a wonderful plae........

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Whoa there! What stock system do you have?? If you have the infinity system, those speakers will NOT work. The OEM speakers are all 2ohm, those alpines are 4ohm, as most after market speakers are.

·
Registered
383 Posts
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6576.html

if you want to get those.

i bought everything in my sig from them, absolutely no problem and great customer service.

EDIT: The speakers in badasstrep's post will not work for you.. you'd clip the living piss out of them.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phrozt said:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6576.html

if you want to get those.

i bought everything in my sig from them, absolutely no problem and great customer service.

EDIT: The speakers in badasstrep's post will not work for you.. you'd clip the living piss out of them.
thanks, i'm going to purchase those in the link.....im just wondering now why crutchfield said those would work for me....

·
Registered
280 Posts
DodgeyAussie said:
Those are still 4ohm...
4ohm speakers will work just fine, They just wont have the same output as 2ohm speakers would. I use 4ohm 6x9's and I have a friend that uses 4ohm 6x9's and we both have infinity systems... I realy didnt notice much of an output difference between the factory 2ohm and the after market 4ohm speakers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ulintze29 said:
alright, so i called up crutchfield and talked with this dude....i asked him what rear deck speeaker would give me the best/powerful bass possible, while still running off the stock amp...he told me these:

Speakers

tell me what you guys think! are those good, or should i lean towards another pair???
Those are nice, Im sure you would be pleased with them.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I definitely wouldn't use 4ohm speakers with the stock infinity amp but thats just me. If you're going to put in the 4ohm speakers you'd probably be better off going with the lower powered outputs of the radio.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok just got off the phone with crutchfield again...im going to stick with those speakers...again, i was after the bass boost, not the sound level...i told the guy about everything you guys have told me, and we found that those will work the best for my wants....once again, thanks for all your help! im so stoked to get these speakers!

·
Registered
260 Posts
um.... the impedence matters tremendously!!

Effectively you are going to cut the amplifier power in half by running a 4 ohm load.

If you want "more bass" get some subwoofers.
If you want quality sound look around for either a set of CDT audio or Diamond audio 6x9's... but honestly I wouldn't waste the money... the fronts are way more important, just search through some threads here and read what they say... look for threads about rear speakers with reply's from Dbaudiopro, he really knows his ****!!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Jimmy79 said:
4ohm speakers will work just fine, They just wont have the same output as 2ohm speakers would. I use 4ohm 6x9's and I have a friend that uses 4ohm 6x9's and we both have infinity systems... I realy didnt notice much of an output difference between the factory 2ohm and the after market 4ohm speakers.

Suit yourself... would seem like a waste of money to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.