DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I would spend alittle more money around 79 bucks and you can get the flowmaster 80 series which is what i did from summit racing and well i love it. Very low profile sound when idling and when you get on the gas it has a nice purrrrrr to it. I ended up getting mine from summit to

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I been readin the 80 series is the way to go so Ill have to check it out when I get up there better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i agree with dmon on that. i have a magnaflow and i love the sound. even though you can see right throught the muffler it isnt that loud.
David

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
That muffler you're looking at has a 3" inlet........since your exhaust system is either 2.25" or 2.5"......you're gonna need an adapter to make it bigger.

·
Registered
851 Posts
dont go cheap on the muffler or it will sound ricey. i have a magnflow catback on my si. its a straight through design. looks like a fat can, but its got a nice deep agressive tone to it. at 1st i thought it was a little too loud comared to stock but now i couldnt see going anyother way. ive heard to many after market mufflers that are just way too loud and obnoxious.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just got back I went ahead and got the flowmaster 80 series since it was my first choice instead of goin the cheap route. Im gettin ready to install it here in about a hour along with some new front and back brakes and a shifter cable so hopefully everything goes pretty smooth.Ill let ya know what I think when I get it done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I went ahead and installed the exhaust I came up about 5 inches short on each side so mabye when I get some tips it will bring it flush with the bumper. It sounds sweet not to loud and not to soft. I changed my tranny fluid I just did a pan drop and filter change and after I did that it was stuck in limp mode but the speedo still works. Is it safe to do 35 to get to the nearest autozone to get my car scanned for codes? I reset the battery and nothing comes up when I do the key dance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
almost forgot when I take off it shifts or jerks like I heard the tires chirp also then it just stays in 2nd if that helps anyone?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
check the codes your self with the ignition two on turn off turn on turn off turn on but not starting it and it will flash codes write them down post them here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried that I reset the battery so now no codes come up execpt for the recent battery disconnection and im afraid to drive so it recogonizes them again. I know my 02 sensor code is on to it was on before this happened

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I got under the car just to find out my sensor was unplugged. I plugged it back in and everything is good to go must of came off when I put the new shifter cable in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts