DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dash sensor, but don't have a automatic light switch nor an ATC. is it worth installing and what does it do without either of the mentioned mods?

·
Registered
348 Posts
honestly i dont think it will do you any good without either one of those items. it is quite easy to convert your own headlight switch to make a automatic one if youd like to try it out.

Tom

·
Woober Goobers!
50,297 Posts
I think there have been a number of people that have installed the Automatic headlight switch with the sun sensor on the dash and don't have ATC. They were all Base/SE models. In some of the cars the wiring was already up in the dash for the sensor. The auto switch is a plug in replacement or mod your own as mentioned above. If the sensor wiring isn't there you need to run two wires to the BCM. Not only will the headlights come on automatically when it's dark enough, they'll also come on when the windshield wipers are on too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
in that case, sun dash sensor for sale. lol $15 shipped anywhere stateside.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,297 Posts
Throw up a thread in the B/S/T forum..there's always someone looking for one. Do you have the connector and some wiring for it or just the sensor?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ronbo said:
Throw up a thread in the B/S/T forum..there's always someone looking for one. Do you have the connector and some wiring for it or just the sensor?

yes

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
LOL...That wasn't really a yes or no question. Is it just the sensor or the sensor and some wiring? You really should consider installing it though and modding your switch. There aren't any additional parts to buy and the auto headlights are really nice!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
LOL...That wasn't really a yes or no question. Is it just the sensor or the sensor and some wiring? You really should consider installing it though and modding your switch. There aren't any additional parts to buy and the auto headlights are really nice!!
i have a baby due in 2 wks or so and a bitchy woman.... my patience isn't all there. i'll just sell it. trip to jy was more relaxing than anything lol.

it does have at least 15 inches of wire on the plug

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I hear you - definitely do what Ron said and post a thread in the B/S/T forum as these things are always in demand.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Trust me auto headlights is the best mod you can do i undid my mod for trade in and it kills me to turn them on manually now EEEW LOL

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pm replied

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kcarlos2000 said:
carlos gauge cluster is from a column shifter car. i believe the trans display is on the right side of the gauges.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts