DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any hope for recovering my sun visors? after I get the roof repaired I'm going to get a new headliner board and cover it in a basic gray material from the local cloth store, but I was wondering about my sun visors, do I need to take them to an upholstery shop?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The cloth stores will sell foam headliner material..or ebay...
As for the visors.. if you want to match the material you get.. I would def. take them to an upholstery shop... they're a ***** to wrap yourself (unless you dont care how they look)
Or you could just get a good headliner from a yard..and grab the visors too..which will probably be the same price as getting new stuff done..or cheaper.......someone on here could have what you need..fairly close..start a thread with a "Buying" title..and see if you get any responses to it..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the visors/headliners I've seen in the yards around here look like mine, so I'll probably take them to an upholstery shop. I used to just eliminate them when I'd redo a headliner since I mostly drove at night but since I plan to put some day miles on this car, I need them lol

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I say get a pair of visors from someone on here.. i've seen quite a bit of pairs sold for under $20..the 300M ones with the extension and dimmer built in for the lights.. and just be patient and get yourself a nice headliner when one shows up ..it's winter time..the yards are going to be restocking unfortunately..but fortunately for those of us looking for parts... the headliner is a very overlooked part of the interior ..IMO it can be low on priority list till you find a nice one.

The upholstery shop around here..charge $125 for JUST a pair of visors(re-wrapping with ultrasuede)..research prices before making that final decision

1 - 5 of 5 Posts