DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The system uses a series of arms and levers and a sensor box to push the glass ahead and up into the vent position.
Unfortunately, the only way to trouble shoot it is to pull the headliner off. Even then there is little you can do to see if anything is wrong without dropping the entire unit.
You can, with the headliner out, remove the glass to see if anything is in the sliding track causing it to jam or is broken. There are 4 screws that hold the glass to the slider mechanism.
If it is anything broken in the sliding mechanism, there is a repair kit vailable from DC, BUT everything is rivetted together, and it is not an easy installation. Full replacement is easier.
One other thought, when the headliner is down, just make sure the motor retaining bolts are not loose - if not, take the motor right off, then run the system; if the motors runs properly, then that of course, eliminates the motor and sensors from the problem.
If a fault shows there, I do have some motors and sensors.
The joys of the sun roof................

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will pulldown the headliner tonight, But my best guess is that the control module is bad. I have checked voltages and everything seems mormal. Other than the module, the limit switch could be faulty. Do you have the module?

·
Registered
328 Posts
You did try pushing the button to OPEN mode right?
If the module looses power it will open to vent but not close.
You then have to press the open button and then close and then Vent will work

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Does it even try to move ? There's a sh*tload of position/effort sensors that can de-activate it.
If it's trying but not succeeding, it'll shut down (or re-open)
If it thinks it's already in that position, it won't try

Never tried but you may be able to close it manually by pushing down on it. If you can atleast break it out of the full open position, then try the close/open buttons.

I didn't read full through this but it may help describe some of the functions...
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44639

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I know its not exactly related but I had a problem a few weeks ago where I had to have a window motor regulator replaced. The window would only go down and not up. Is there some kind of regulator for the motor(s) in the sunroof? That might be another thing to check.

Josiah

·
Registered
158 Posts
Had this happen to mine a year or two ago. The switch that closes the sunroof switches the ground, not the power. I just ran an idiot light, (ice pick looking 12 volt tester) to a ground and then touched the wires on the backside of the switch until it moved. Bought a new switch from Chrysler and all is well.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,736 Posts
I had the same incident you describe about a month ago. Sunroof stuck in vent position. As GR8WHT said above, I had to use the open switch to get it to drop down and then pull back to the open position. Hitting Close or Vent did nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I have another Intrepid I pulled the switch out of it and tried that but no luck. Yes, I did have the battery disconnected to clear the BCM ( another problem) but I have not tried disconnecting the battery for this problem. I will have to try that tonight since last was a wash due to severe thunderstorms.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Hmmmm, severe thunderstorms with an open sunroof, not good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts