DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smileyvault-newhere
Hey guys,
Quick question. I'm trying to line some interior lights in my 03 Intrepid. When I took off the panel, there was this piece that ran along side the cigaret lighter. I'm wondering if this roles to the fuse. Can I use an adapter of some sort to power my controller for the LEDs? The controller needs 60W. Sorry I'm so new to cars in general.
Thanks!
This is the piece I found:

This is the wire I'll be either stripping or plugging into whatever. It's the controller. It is currently using a AC Power cable.

·
Registered
452 Posts
manual control of the transmission by means of moving the shifter to the sides (youd see an extra D with a - and a + next to it on your shifter)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
manual control of the transmission by means of moving the shifter to the sides (youd see an extra D with a - and a + next to it on your shifter)
It's an automatic. Sorry for being stupid. How would I connect my application to a fuse? What wires would I buy?

·
Registered
738 Posts
About autostick.
Any of of our cars with automatic transmissions can be upgraded to auto stick buy swapping out a few parts, like the shifter, instrument panel, and maybe the transmission control module. It is a relatively simple afternoon project for anyone who has average mechanical skill.

Just run your wires up under the dash to the fuse panel and tap into an existing fuse, or use an inline fuse.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,851 Posts
How many wires on the back and what colors are they?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,851 Posts
And was that connector laying in there by itself or was it connected to something and you took it off to take the picture?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,851 Posts
Looks like it's the right shape/color/number of pins to be the Blower Motor Resistor Block connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About autostick.
Any of of our cars with automatic transmissions can be upgraded to auto stick buy swapping out a few parts, like the shifter, instrument panel, and maybe the transmission control module. It is a relatively simple afternoon project for anyone who has average mechanical skill.

Just run your wires up under the dash to the fuse panel and tap into an existing fuse, or use an inline fuse.
The wires I have running from my controller are about two inches lol. Can you link me to some longer wires?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Electrical wire.
Just tell the sales person that you need wire to wire something into the car.
Make sure that the wire is a good enough guage to handle the load you will be putting on it.

Walmarts even carries wire in the auto department.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,851 Posts
****.....just wire that gizmo into the cigarette lighter socket wiring. It's a 12 volt source. As long as the current draw doesn't overload the fuse for the cigarette lighter you should be good. Think the fuse supplying that is 10 amp. Need to verify it.

What is that thing and what's it supposed to do? Knowing what it is and what it does will help in determining where to wire it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts