DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys has anyone here used wal marts super tech synthetic oil? im going to be doing an oil change on my grand fathers 05 ram 1500 next week and have considered using it. since its a little cheaper than the other synthetics and Im not really interested in paying out for mobil 1 if anything has anything good to say about the super tech synthetic. just curious if anyone has any experiences using it. thanks :smileyvault-newhere

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
<raises hand>

I'm a fan of the SuperTech Full Synth! Use it in the Trep, used it in the LHS. No complaints! I change every 3K - not that I don't trust it, but I'm not sure I'd try to go like, 7500-8000 miles between changes with it. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool stuff thats good to hear. my only problem is i hate doing business with walmart

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I've never tried the synthetic but I would trust it just fine. Its got to be made by a reputable company, as with most any house brand oil.

As far as shopping at Wal Mart goes, I don't like feeding the beast either, but the gf runs the one here so I guess I can feel a little less guilty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You might want to check Autozone or Advance as they run plenty of oil change specials,if you dont want to buy the Supertech at wallyworld.Also I have an '04 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7L V-8 and it takes a total of 6 quarts of oil to do a change.Your Grandfathers truck may require 6 as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had good experience running mobil 1, 1 oil change a year & change filters! Synthetic is way different than mineral oil!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts