DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
prob wouldn't hurt, but i am interested in possibly having a rear deck stripe painted on my car like a late 60's charger or roadrunner...anyone have any opinions on this? would it look good or would it be out of place on this car. figure id get yalls opinion b4 i start pricing it out, etc...car is green/blue,
i was thinking of either gray, like the interior/plastic molding, or white.
one thicker stripe flanked by two thinner stripes, wrapped around the rear of the car like a rubber band (with superbee logos on the fenders too :D

yay?... or nay?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Well, I'm not sure about the stripe. I'd have to see it first (like a Photoshop pic). But as for the Superbee/Roadrunner logos, not in a million years. Why? Because your car isn't a Superbee or a Roadrunner. That's like putting a VTECH sticker on a car without a VTECH engine. :)

But, that's just my opinion.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the trunk is too smoothed into the body to pull it off, maybe something more like a mustang, r/t style stripes on the hood then splitting before the windshield and running down the sides?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i had no intention of trying to make those superbee logos act as VTEC stickers or anything...if i were doing that, id paint 426 C.I. on my hood and have HEMI logos on the doors...(hahaaa)
the superbee thing would not be the focal point of the stripes, just something in consideration...i do agree with the deck being too short though...i dont know, i may just put that on hold and wait for another vehicle (one that already has a roadrunner logo on it :D ...)
thanks for yalls opinions, its still in the air...yeah, where is the photoshop guy? that would be cool to see on a first gen (and second gen) intrepid...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think it might look sweet. I was also thinking ,(trying to talk Dooley into this) maybe going with the "Hockey Stripes" (I think thats what they called them)and instead of the word Hemi use Dodge. Look around on the net if your not sure what I mean.

·
Registered
502 Posts
YearOne makes beautiful reproduction decals for the muscle cars. However, be warned, as they are pretty expensive ($$$) because they are as close as you can get to factory original stuff.

After quickly checking Year One's website, they appear to only sell the hockey-stick stripes in red, black, and white for about $85. They didn't have any stickers for the Super Bee, Chargers, or Darts. (unless I didn't see them)

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: ATFCharger ]

·
Registered
61 Posts
You would definately need some custom ones to fit the body correctly. If your gonna do it might as well do it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts