DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, friday night me and 2KWK4U went out the drag strip again. Met a pretty cool guy from one of the local toyota dealerships that was racing a company Toyota Camry Solara V6. It was a really nice car, and the dealership installed a TRD supercharger and exhaust system. He was running 4.5 pounds of boost out of the SC. So we decided give it a go and see how our cars compared. I was faster both runs we made, ran [email protected] on the first run and he ran a [email protected] The second run, I ran a [email protected] and he ran a [email protected] (got the time slips, but I'm too lazy to get them for the exact numbers he ran). He beat me on the first run though with a much better reaction time, but man I almost had him. The last 1000 rpms or so of 2nd gear my car was catchin up fast, but I ran out of room. Seems like he ran out of steam with that 3.0L towards the end of the track. So even with a supercharger and an exhaust the V6 Camry's can't touch an R/T. And with a MUCH higher sticker price, the R/T is the obvious buy between the 2. It did look REALLy good though with special TRD wheels and some subtle body kit stuff too. The guy even gave me and 2KWK free TRD tee-shirts! That 15.69 was best run of the night, didnt hit 90mph again either. Guess I got lucky on the one and only run I ever hit 90mph. Well, guess I've rambled enough. Thought you all would like to know though.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Cool! Those Solara's are nice looking cars. Surprised with all the go-fast goodie's they couldn't get it any faster. Oh well, goes to show, that $$ doesn't always buy ya speed! (just most of the time! ;) )

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, I told him our cars were pretty even before the race so he wasnt too surprised. Not sure if he already knew about our car or not, he never asked any questions about it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah, that is sweet ****.. I kinda like the style of those cars, but Intrepid is still up at the top for me.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
BBOUCHER I am with you I wish someone would come out with a supercharger for our cars. The Prowlers have 3 or 4 superchargers for their cars. And they have less room under the hood then we do. I am finally taken my R/T to the track next week end. Rock Falls Raceway in Eau Claire,WI. Has openings the Sat 9/8 - 9/15 for 35.00. So I can some numbers to compare with. I will post them next weekend

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
if a prowler has one, would it not work on the first gen 3.5? is it not close to the same engine?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
from what i understand the block is the same with different heads, intake, and exhaust system. that's just what i've heard trickle down the line though, i've never even seen a prowler under the hood.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
hers the engine compartment of a 99 prowler... hope this helps

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Damn that prowler looks mean under the hood

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I wouldn't be able to fit a ham sandwich under the hood of that car...how the hell did they fit a supercharger? In the glovebox? :)

By the way, I always keep a spare ham sandwich in the engine compartment of my Intrepid. ;)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
where would the s/c go?

screw ham, i want a BLT or a nice club on a lightly buttered, oh so golden brown and fluffy croissant.

don't tell me i'm girly, either. i just have good taste in food. imagine that at 19.

if you'll excuse me, i have to go check on my flan now...almost dessert time...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
btw, did you put a small a/c unit in your glovey to keep that ham from spoiling?

jokes aside, has anyone ever considered installing a 007-goldeneye-aston martin-esque champagne fridge in the center console of their car. i have. it won't work, the console is not deep enough. so scratch that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SPOOK, man I can't wait til you get to the track. You'll be only 2nd R/T driver (I'm the 1st) that I've found that will have gone to the track to get 1/4 mile times. Seems there are way too many people using the G-tech.

35 bucks is crazy though, and you have to wait for openings? Man, pretty much every friday or saturday night here we can go race for 6 bucks! I love it, of course the facility kinda sucks, but hey it's only 6 bucks! I have a few movies of me at the track if Randy wants to host them. I have to FTP them to the site though if you can set that up, I can only e-mail up to 5 megs and the movies are all about 9 megs each.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
isn't the engione in the prowler the same/similar to the R/T's? if so, why couldnt we get one of those super chargers on em?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
BBOUCHER man you are luckly,the drag strips here are 2 hours away Rock Falls WI. or Brainerd MN. Brainerd was 60.00 a day. Well maybe gas is cheaper here 1.79 gal. I bet surgar and pineapples are cheap to. What does gas go for there in HI? The drag strips here well be closing in month or so for snow. About 10 years ago we got 35 inches of snow on Halloween. It sucked big time.I guess that is what I get for living in MN.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The 3.5 engine in the prowler, R/T, and 300 are all the same engine. Just the exhaust manifold is diffrent on the prowler, thats what the guys who build them for us tell me.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
otto, didn't the first couple years of prowlers come with the 1st gen intrepid 3.5 engine? if that was the case could we use their performance parts and throw them on our 214 3.5s?

that would be a relatively easy way to get an influx of good parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts