DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the superchips site said they can't chip an OBD II car and lists the '95 3.5L as an OBDII car. But let me be the first to tell you they're wrong. The '95 have the same computer as the 93-94. I know this for the following reasons.

1. The 95 PCM i bought of Ebay works in my 94, perfectly
2. The 96-97 has a dual harness each with 40 pins, the 93-95 has a single 60 pin harness
3. The catalog of Chryler Cars 1914-2000 lists the '96 year receiving the first OBDII computers.

So if you have a 95 and have been wanting to chip it, call up superchips. Your welcome '95 guys.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Doesn't the '95 3.5L have a lower compression ratio than the 93 and 94?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dont even bother with superchip there bullshit do a search on it.

It was discussed that there was no performance gain from the chip. I think someone on this forum bought it and it didnt do jackshit. I would say go with ASE chip:cool:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hmm....I have heard lots of good things about Superchips and their quality, and lots of bad things about ASE chips and their quality. BUT, since I don't have either chip, I can't really give solid claims of the quailty of either. Now, since ASE chips say they can mod my 97, I might investigate it, but I have heard that the results of the chip mod do not substantiate their claims. In other words, APPARENTLY, their chips do jack ****. And I do have a hard time believing that their chips add 30HP to the LH 3.5's, since all Superchips got out of the mod was ~16HP.

If anyone has an ASE chip, or has heard anything good about them, please let me, and everyone else, know what you think of them. Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard ASE chips were the ones that gave no improvement. Their dyno graphs are hand drawn. The compression was changed in '96.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Compression was changed in '95

The PCMs are different, but interchangeable.

Here's the word from AllPar. See my Gallery for a diagram:

1993 - 95
Original controllers were finned with four heat sinks and are flashable
Replacement controllers have fins with four heat sinks and are flashable
Unique communications on CCD Data Bus for these year models
Requires the use of Miller CH 5500 flash kit
NOTE: Use TSB 18-24-95 to identify the few controller part numbers that are not flashable.

1996 - 97
Original controllers were finned with seven heat sinks and are flashable
Replacement controllers have fins with seven heat sinks and are flashable
DOES NOT require the use of Miller CH5500 flash kit - Connection is made under the dash in the common Data Link Connector (DLC)

Unique communications on PCI Bus for these year models
DOES NOT require the use of Miller CH5500 flash kit - Connection is made under the dash in the common Data Link Connector (DLC)

·
Registered
403 Posts
CHASTAIN said:
Compression was changed in '95

The PCMs are different, but interchangeable.

Here's the word from AllPar. See my Gallery for a diagram:

1993 - 95
Original controllers were finned with four heat sinks and are flashable
Replacement controllers have fins with four heat sinks and are flashable
Requires the use of Miller CH 5500 flash kit
NOTE: Use TSB 18-24-95 to identify the few controller part numbers that are not flashable.

1996 - 97

Unique communications on PCI Bus for these year models
translation?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Another chip post. Ok so what chips will work for sure on a 3.5L Intrepid? Being that last thread that was never cleared. How much extra was gained and for what price? And yes a Translation for dummies like me that have no clue to what CHASTAIN just typed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
poop!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
it doesn't matter, there's no proof that these chips do anything. The manufacturers don't even have a dyno of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts