DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the premier of Superman Returns last weekend, and it is a good movie. I got to meet Brandon Routh, the new Superman.

Nothing better than getting paid to watch a movie. I made 33.75 to watch it.

We had news crews and Simon Cowell's girlfriend was there, she works for EXTRA.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
MathWiz said:
Nothing better than getting paid to watch a movie. I made 33.75 to watch it.
I'm in the market for a new job. Do you need an assistant? :biggrin:

·
Registered
382 Posts
It is getting great reviews, and with Spacey workin as Lex, it has to be hott. You lucky dog Wiz! you couldve at least hit on Cowells girl..

·
Registered
684 Posts
Anyone who is a true fan of the Superman comic book will stay away from this movie. It's a travesty to the franchise.

Anyone who hates what they did to the Spiderman franchise will stay away.

Any guy who is straight, has a girlfriend, wife and loves the fairer sex will stay away.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morphy said:
Anyone who is a true fan of the Superman comic book will stay away from this movie. It's a travesty to the franchise.

Anyone who hates what they did to the Spiderman franchise will stay away.

Any guy who is straight, has a girlfriend, wife and loves the fairer sex will stay away.

That is a bit extreme, I guess I am not a true fan, because I don't read comics, but I enjoy a good movie including both Superman and Spiderman, I liked Batman Begins, does that make me a crazed homosexual too. I think you have been spending too much time with your comics.

Charles

·
Registered
293 Posts
Morphy said:
Someone let my wife know that I am evidently not straight.

I go to a movie to be entertained and never expect it to match up exactly to its source (book, comic, etc.). Even comic book characters (Superman & Spiderman included) change from issue to issue as different authors have a slightly different way of seeing the character.

MathWiz - Glad to hear you liked the movie. Its on my list of "Need-to-See" this summer.

·
Registered
518 Posts
MathWiz said:
That is a bit extreme, I guess I am not a true fan, because I don't read comics, but I enjoy a good movie including both Superman and Spiderman, I liked Batman Begins, does that make me a crazed homosexual too. I think you have been spending too much time with your comics.

Charles
Well, I guess this is anyone who watches the new superman... :greddy2:

HA HA HA!!! Good one, charles. I too want to see the new Superman. But with two kids, I will probably end up renting it... :fun_08:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wow some extreme countermeasures used there. As for anybody disapointed with the movie versions of favorite comic books, novels, short stories, real life events..etc..get over it i would say. Entertaiment(TJ 2006) is the main purpose of these productions.Sometimes the stories lose or gain a certain angle due to time restrictions, writing, costs, but seemingly can be a better or alt story line(like in the comics) that intrigues us. Now I agree men in tights may not suit my pallet as much as a female in tights would, but come on now. The bashing thread sounds like insecurties and possible hidden issues within the writers own psyche. Loved Spiderman(1&2), loved Batman(1&5), and loved Superman(1&2). I believe mathwiz's analysis is good enough for me until proven otherwise. "what? were you expecting blue and yellow tights?"

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have been a Superman fan for years but I don't really care for the first 4 movies because Clark always comes off like some wussy dildo. I read that
Brandon copies Christopher Reeves as Clark, so I'm not looking forward to this installment either. The effects should be outstanding though, I just wish they would have updated it so he is more like the Kingdom Come Superman. Yeah, there has been some comments about this being a gay movie since the director and Kevin Spacey are both gay. Anothere strike why I am not looking forward to this installment. No one wants their hero to be gay. But George Clooney admitted to playing a gay Batman. Both Spiderman movies were the **** in my opinion, as was Batman Begins.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I see those of you who want to see this movie also loved the Spiderman movies. That explain a lot. I'm sure you all loved titanic too.

Batman Begins was a great movie. I don't mind some movies going off from the comic history but those that butcher the history are a travesty. And to make things worse, they feminize the movies. Now there's nothing wrong with that, the movie studios will do what they have to to rake in the gazillions on dollars, but any guy who claims to have enjoyed Spiderman and who can't wait to see Superman has a screw loose.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So if I enjoy a movie for the movie because I did not read the comics because I had better things to do, I have a screw loose.

I think it might be other way around, if you are so involved with comics that it some how greatly affects you to watch, then don't watch.

And yes, studios make movies that will sell the most tickets, not to please a small portion of the potential audience that live for the next edition of a comic book or graphic novel.

So are you a character yourself, Mr Super Genius, I only know one of those:

Wile E. Coyote. - Super Genius

Charles

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Morphy said:
I see those of you who want to see this movie also loved the Spiderman movies. That explain a lot. I'm sure you all loved titanic too.

Batman Begins was a great movie. I don't mind some movies going off from the comic history but those that butcher the history are a travesty. And to make things worse, they feminize the movies. Now there's nothing wrong with that, the movie studios will do what they have to to rake in the gazillions on dollars, but any guy who claims to have enjoyed Spiderman and who can't wait to see Superman has a screw loose.
Wow Morphy relax man, I heard they'll make another sequel to this maybe more to your taste : "Superman vs Brokeback Mountain guys", where Superman will kiss ass pardon..kick ass, and there's a lot of hair pulling and scratching. Now that sounds more like it...happy ?? :bigok:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy, Wile E. Coyote is my hero. Too bad his super genius skills keep getting thwarted by that damn roadrunner.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I went and saw it yesterday and OMG!!!! AWSOME. I was extremely happy to see a few things...1) The opening sequence...the way the words did the whole swoop thing acrossed the screen 2)The song. I am glad they kept the original theme song 3)I loved how they brought back Marlon Brando as the voice of his father. Spacey as luther...awsome. The visual effects were great as well. Didn't care to much for the whole you have a son now superman...but oh well. I cant wait for the next one.

Oh....and the trailer for Spiderman 3....JAW DROPPING!!!!!!!!!! Venom, sandman, hobgoblin....cannot wait. May 2007

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sorry not to piss anyone off here but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shouldn't his maybe go in the Whatever section of the forums. I heard some guys on a radio show here calling it brokeback superman, I guess they think superman was a little fruity in the movie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts