DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
could i jack up the back and put the front on ramps?
Jack up first, and then replace with jack stands for maximum stability. Stability is important - especially when any part of you is going to be betwen the car and the ground. 馃憤

Reactions: hazel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Jack up first, and then replace with jack stands for maximum stability. Stability is important - especially when any part of you is going to be betwen the car and the ground. 馃憤
yea i have the stands n stuff i was mostly wondering if that would simulate ride height well enough, worst case i just put it on blocks

Premium Member
Any incline angle will decrease the amount of strut spring compression.
True, but the ramps would have to be 16 inches tall to make 1% difference... 8 inch high ramps would make 0.25% difference (about 9 pounds total weight).

Notice that the service manual doesn't call for weight to be added to the car to simulate the passenger weight either.

Tightened at full drop = disaster; tighten within 1% of full load - no problem.

Reactions: peva

Premium Member
True, but the ramps would have to be 16 inches tall to make 1% difference... 8 inch high ramps would make 0.25% difference (about 9 pounds total weight).

Notice that the service manual doesn't call for weight to be added to the car to simulate the passenger weight either.

Tightened at full drop = disaster; tighten within 1% of full load - no problem.
"Tightened at full drop = disaster; tighten within 1% of full load - no problem."

Right on! I concede.

Your Chief Soh Cah Toa math is correct. 113" wheelbase, 16" => 8掳, cos 8掳 = 0.9903; 8" => 4掳, cos 4掳 = 0.9976. 馃榿

Registered
ok so update: the control arm has been removed from the chassis, now i just need to get the arm off of the strut tension arm. its really stuck on there, any ideas? also i still could use those torque specs if anyone has them, would really appreciate it!
I had the exact problem i ended up just cutting it off with an angle grinder i hit a fence on the right side and had to replace basically everything you just mentioned but i dont know the torque specs as i use the feel method

21 - 26 of 26 Posts