DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had my car for a bit more than 3 years now, and around 85000kms, and It's starting to feel a bit old... the suspension is shot, the sway bar link in the rear is broken where it should be welded to the strut...

I've been thinking about changing the suspension, and wasn't sure what to go with... I wanted the car to sit a bit lower, but with the condition of our roads in Montreal, I'd rather not drop it a lot. So I decided I would go with the special's suspension.

I found the thread with all the suspension part #s, and I was wondering if I would need anything else... I'm starting with the rear first, so in the other thread, these are listed :

-Rear Springs
-Insulator pads(someone on the other forum suggested I go aftermarket on these)
-Insulator pads(someone on the other forum suggested I go aftermarket on these)
-Rear Dampers(struts)

+strut mounts

Is this everything needed to change the stuff in the rear ?

Did anyone try R/T Springs on Special Struts ?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Thats pretty much it in the rears, up in the rust belt your going to want new links and bushings for your stabilizer bars....being one is broken, might as well change both.

As for the spring isolators, or insulators...go rubber, like Monroes, OEM is ok too...those dont last as long up north with the salty roads etc though. You can go poly too, but IMO that is overkill for what they do....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Freakin' Sweet! Eibach springs are some of the best in the business. Definately a much firmer ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts