DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quik ?. I was just on the highway giving my Trep a good system cleaning. I noticed some body roll on tighter corners & sweeping corners on clover leaf turn offs. Has anyone beefed up the suspension at all? I know my IROC had the same problem so I installed poly bushings, thicker sway bars & a bit wider tires. Sloved my problem, is there such a kit for Intrepids??
Other than that car is tight.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
What Intrepid do you have ?

You can likely up-grade to the PHP suspension (performance handling package) or the 300M Special / police package.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sheesh guess I should have said huh, 2nd gen 1998. The suspension is solid rides awesome, but it's that nagging body roll I do not like.
So there is a kit avail then pn#'s by chance?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sway-bars
LHMOPARMAN said:
...2002 300M Special. Suspension code SDE. As long as you take either a VIN from E-bay or Autotrader to a dealer for the suspension code or just tell them its a 2002 LH with the suspension code SDE they can look it up either way. The part # for the front bar is 4782858AA and the bushings 4782859AA X2 the rear bar 4782855AA and the bushings 4782857AA X2.
The springs / struts you'll have to 'search'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On the cheap? try spring rubbers in the rear, the full circle nascar style rubbers. I had them in my 95 concord and it helped reduce the bad understeer. they sat tight between the coils, installs in minutes.
They add spring rate to the rear which will reduce the amount of understeer you car has.
Your talking body roll, might help some, but reducing the push will get you thru the twisties quicker.
More rear sway bar would be a better solution, but cost more.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
onebadmonkey said:
Quik ?. I was just on the highway giving my Trep a good system cleaning. I noticed some body roll on tighter corners & sweeping corners on clover leaf turn offs. Has anyone beefed up the suspension at all? I know my IROC had the same problem so I installed poly bushings, thicker sway bars & a bit wider tires. Sloved my problem, is there such a kit for Intrepids??
Other than that car is tight.
Thanks
First thing I'll ask is what tires you have? Sidewall stiffness makes a HUGE differnce in body-roll "perception".

With my stock RS-As, roll was non existent under .5g or so. Changed them to Tripletreds and it rolls around like a buick, suspension untouched of course.

High performance Kuhmo tires (SPT, MX, etc) have some of the stiffest sidewalls. One day I'd go 17" + 50 series SPTs, should cut down the roll to 0 again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to go with the bigger sway bars & upgrade suspension. Tires are the regulars, I'm still looking for factory 16"s, I had a line on a set up here but fell through insurance deceided to scrap them. My buddy at the mopar dealership couldn't believe it, all 4 rims had curb damage on the outer beads.
Back to searching.
Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was on the Eibach Pro-Kit springs on factory struts, but i would recommend getting some new struts when doing all that. Car looks alot better with a drop on it and stays on the ground!

Tom

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]The 300M rear sway bar & bushings are less than U$40-[/QUOTE]
Not sure if that mistake applies to Canadian pricing as well?

My recommendation is stiffer springs and sway bars. I mean my Civic is GREAT at going around corners........but my Intrepid puts it to shame ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts